Poll: An OpenLC solution for Asia

Captain Lars

OpenLC products for Asia  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding Asia, I'd support (BUY) the following products, namely:

• OpenLC Light: the allocation of existing Orbx-landclass without specific textures unique to Asia
    • Mini OpenLCs: key areas of heightened interest, e. g. Japan, Thailand etc., complementary to OpenLC Light
    • Multiple OpenLCs: splitting Asia into a few bigger OpenLC areas (e. g. Middle East, Far East, Central Asia)
    • OpenLC Asia: a landclass product for the whole continent

1 hour ago, dave302 said:

This post has over 12,000 views.  Compare that to all the other posts since April 20.  Not even close.

This fact should make it crystal clear just how much interest there is in openLC Asia.

Dave

But how many are unique viewers and are still interested in the product because of various reasons ;) 

(ps this is a lighthearted jokey comment, let's not create WW3, there's of course still some interest )

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

But how many are unique viewers and are still interested in the product because of various reasons ;) 

(ps this is a lighthearted jokey comment, let's not create WW3, there's of course still some interest )

On a light hearted note: the same is true for every thread, so in relation it is still true.

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 10:02 PM, Captain Lars said:

I wonder what the state of things is. My last information is that Eugene is working on the roads...

Me, too.  It would be nice to get an update, even a brief one.

Dave

• Upvote 4

• 4 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 5:56 AM, dave302 said:

Me, too.  It would be nice to get an update, even a brief one.

Is there any update? I realize there might be geo-political developments involved, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, demio said:

Is there any update? I realize there might be geo-political developments involved, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thank you.

Now that we learnt that Eugene, the developer, and familiy are safe and sound, it's completely legit to ask for a little update on the state of things!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Yes, just a brief update on the status of openLC Asia would be nice.

It has been 4 months since anyone asked, so it's not like we're being impatient and asking for an update every week.

Thanks.

Dave 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Eugene has recommenced working on OLC Asia. 

Indeed, that is good news. Not only for us, waiting for that elemental improvement of p3d, but much more for Eugene, as this means he is well enough to work on something what is not priority #1 in life.

Keep my fingers crossed things get better.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, demio said:

Hello, is there any news on openLC Asia?

I would love to hear how it's going! B)

Edit: I've just seen this.

https://fselite.net/content/fscgaa-releases-ulaanbaatar-chinggis-khaan-for-prepar3d/

I want to fly there, but I won't without OpenLC Asia. Mongolia it just too ugly in the vanilla sim.

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I want to fly there, but I won't without OpenLC Asia.

It's a similar story for me, I have a great number of airports in Asia, especially Japan, but I am holding off of most flights there, because no OpenLC (even though Japan looks fairly nice even without it).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

it is unfortunate that world events have overtaken this product but I am sure that you would all join me in wishing both of our mesh developers the best result from the situation that they find themselves in.

Until it is resolved, this topic has no further purpose and I am closing it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1