Poll: An OpenLC solution for Asia

Captain Lars

OpenLC products for Asia  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding Asia, I'd support (BUY) the following products, namely:

• OpenLC Light: the allocation of existing Orbx-landclass without specific textures unique to Asia
    • Mini OpenLCs: key areas of heightened interest, e. g. Japan, Thailand etc., complementary to OpenLC Light
    • Multiple OpenLCs: splitting Asia into a few bigger OpenLC areas (e. g. Middle East, Far East, Central Asia)
    • OpenLC Asia: a landclass product for the whole continent

On 11/9/2020 at 8:22 PM, Stillwater said:

Seeing all these posts (mainly MSFS nowadays) and releases (only MSFS nowadays) I fear that our hopes for keeping alive landclass-based sceneries are dead. Consequently there have not been any announcements in the last (many) months. So we will only see eye-candy of the yet-released MSFS airports here, but no further virtual excursions around the globe. A pity for me.

I agree with you. That's not smart at all, there are more people using P3d than MSFS! And remember that this is a scenery forum with lots of scenery people. None of the big tin guys is going with MSFS so far, they are all sticking with P4 or waiting for P5 to become more stable and to support the PMDG-craft. Personally, I'm not going to use MSFS for at least a year to come. I don't even think of switching to P5 and stick with P4.5 HF2 for the time being.

Check out FSDG, they have two awesome surprises for us today, and contrary to what is stated on FSElite, both new sceneries are available for Prepar3D!

My next rotation is going to be Comair to St. Helena!! PM me if you're interested in a decent version of St. Helena and Ascension. :) If only this guy would bring out Jo-burg finally, I'd be happy...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I agree with you. That's not smart at all, there are more people using P3d than MSFS! And remember that this is a scenery forum with lots of scenery people. None of the big tin guys is going with MSFS so far, they are all sticking with P4 or waiting for P5 to become more stable and to support the PMDG-craft. Personally, I'm not going to use MSFS for at least a year to come. I don't even think of switching to P5 and stick with P4.5 HF2 for the time being.

Check out FSDG, they have two awesome surprises for us today, and contrary to what is stated on FSElite, both new sceneries are available for Prepar3D!

My next rotation is going to be Comair to St. Helena!! PM me if you're interested in a decent version of St. Helena and Ascension. :) If only this guy would bring out Jo-burg finally, I'd be happy...

Agreed.  IMO there is still a lot of money to be made on an openLC Asia package for P3D and FSX.

The little MSFS airport releases mean absolutely nothing to me.  It is likely that the last product I will ever purchase from Orbx will be HD Buildings which I bought recently.  It's a shame.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Personally, I'm not going to use MSFS for at least a year to come. I don't even think of switching to P5 and stick with P4.5 HF2 for the time being.

Plus one, I do the same. Okay, not enough eye candy to compete with the nice-looking MSFS. But p3d is a pleasure to fly, and I can post every screenshot here, because it is all Orbx scenery (in contrast to that new sim).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I have seen that and might be getting quite a lot from them for my next Africa tour...

51 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Jo-burg

I needed to buy any upgrade for this airfield, as the default is really bad. And I did so, even though not perfect. A pity indeed that we have to spend money on sceneries inferior to Orbx, but sometimes there is no alternative. Yet?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I have seen that and might be getting quite a lot from them for my next Africa tour...

I needed to buy any upgrade for this airfield, as the default is really bad. And I did so, even though not perfect. A pity indeed that we have to spend money on sceneries inferior to Orbx, but sometimes there is no alternative. Yet?

When I was younger and sometimes lovesick, people used to say "other mothers have beautiful daughters, too" :D:lol: I hated it, but it turned out to be the (only) truth.

• Haha 1

These good news are not affecting myself, because I am now exclusively using MSFS and for the past couple of years before XP11 exclusively. But I am delighted for all the P3d users out there. Well done Lars, Gerold and the whole bunch.

Edit: and of course I am also delighted for the FSX users. :)

Edited by wolfko
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, wolfko said:

These good news are not affecting myself, because I am now exclusively using MSFS and for the past couple of years before XP11 exclusively. But I am delighted for all the P3d users out there. Well done Lars, Gerold and the whole bunch.

Edit: and of course I am also delighted for the FSX users. :)

Thank you, Wolfgang. Let's wait first what Orbx will have to say on the matter before we start the celebration! ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

What news? We don't know yet what the news will be about!

I am just hoping openLC Asia is gonna be made - and that would make entire planet on Orbx textures.  We do need Orbx White textures for the North/South Pole though ;) with Santa People Flow in North Pole.  That would be a great touch.

Edited by Airwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 days ago there was still wailing and gnashing of teeth over Orbx's

non movement on OLC Asia so I gave them the quote from ED 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/191608-poll-an-openlc-solution-for-asia/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-1723566

The subject - took off like a rocket  - comments which should please ED:rolleyes:

hopefully !!!!!:unsure:

• Like 1

Because the graphics above is misleading:

As of today, 272 people voted, 406 votes were cast. Each participant cast 1,5 votes on average.

9,6 % of participants voted for an OpenLC 'light'

21,0 % of participants voted for 'Mini OpenLCs'

56,6 % of participants voted for multiple OpenLCs to cover Asia

62,1 % of participants voted for a single OpenLC Asia

Thank you all for taking part.

Edited by Captain Lars
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Stillwater said:

And thank you for your continous monitoring of this thread, thus keeping it alive!

Just as often as I monitored the thread to keep it alive, others were doing the same. It seems there is a lot of genuine interest in a landclass solution for Asia!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Just to set expectations, we plan to announce the roadmap specifically to openLC Asia. There won’t be previews etc. but our plan on it’s rollout over the next 12 months. 

Thank You Ed.

Finally I will be able to have whole planet Orbx Global (true to its name).  And I can visit countries like India, Singapore etc so much to see on that side of the world.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Just to set expectations, we plan to announce the roadmap specifically to openLC Asia. There won’t be previews etc. but our plan on it’s rollout over the next 12 months. 

Thanks.

BTW, I actually hope that Orbx releases multiple openLC packages for this area, e.g. a region every 3-4 months, as opposed to having to wait a year or more for the entire region.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

That is really good news! Sure I´d like to have it faster, but given the outstanding quality of OLC Africa I can understand that Asia won´t be built in one day. Looking forward to a) the roadmap and b) the release(s)!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

What does "rollout over the next 12 months" mean? Very curious for the roadmap!

1 hour ago, dave302 said:

BTW, I actually hope that Orbx releases multiple openLC packages for this area, e.g. a region every 3-4 months, as opposed to having to wait a year or more for the entire region.

My thoughts!

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

It is so wuiet here. Hasn't anybody read this announcement:

Thank you, Wolfgang, for pointing this thread out to us – I was totally unaware of it. The media should do its job and cover this! :D

Seriously, this is so awesome. I'll take advantage of any of the early releases of parts one and two, for sure. Fantastic times ahead!

It seems that PMDG will release the long anticipated 777-update in December, and the 200ER will come with an EFB for the whole lineup. And now guess... they're gathering data for the 777X! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you, Wolfgang, for pointing this thread out to us – I was totally unaware of it. The media should do its job and cover this! :D

Seriously, this is so awesome. I'll take advantage of any of the early releases of parts one and two, for sure. Fantastic times ahead!

It seems that PMDG will release the long anticipated 777-update in December, and the 200ER will come with an EFB for the whole lineup. And now guess... they're gathering data for the 777X! 

Finally we have received so good news. Not only regarding the long awaited OLC Asia, but - even more - a fresh development of a pure p3d product.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...