LOWI and ESGG ground texture issue

2 hours ago, jring2 said:

Prepar3d has an updated version of V5. That is a probable reason there are different results. I was using the first release. Now downloading the updated version. I can't imagine what it must be like for Orbx to keep up with all that. In any case, thanks for all your efforts. I am sure everyone will keep you posted. :)

Pretty sure that's not the reason. I've only installed P3D5 after the hotfix was released so I'm totally updated on that front.

Hello,

is it the "same issue", in that the runway disappears at certain viewing angles, or is it the often reported

problem that the runway textures do not appear at all?

If it is the latter, the solution is to install objectflow into an Orbx Central Library, as explained in post 2 of this topic.

Hi Nick

I'm facing this problem in LOWI and I was following this topic. I know you guys are working on the issue and saw no reason to bother you before. However, I believe that maybe I can help sharing what I'm facing as well (*).

My problem in LOWI is that "the runway disappears at certain viewing angles", mainly when you look in the East/West or West/East direction.

I have also identified that there are flashes of some "ghost" textures/object in many places while looking around. These "ghost" textures/objects appears and disappears very fast. I'm sure I have seen this textures in the following locations among others:

1) When taxing to runway 08 in the south-west sector of the Airport, still in the taxiway, while looking towards south.

2) When taxing on the runway, towards West, to take off in runway 08 at almost the end of the runway before doing the 180 degrees turn in order to position the aircraft towards east in RW 08. These "ghost" textures appears over the lights at the end of the runway.

I have also seen this "ghost" texture/objects problem in some other airports from Orbx, like ESNQ, ESSV, ESSD, etc, and also in airports from other developers ( I'm not sure but guess it was at Mega Airport Frankfurt for V5 from  Aerosoft)

(*) Please note that i just build a brand new computer (I9 9900K, GTX1080 TI, 32MB RAM) and did a clean Prepard3d V5  HF1 installation (no prepar3d V4.5 was left in my computer. I re-downloaded everything from your website as well as from other developers, sorry...). I'm also only installing Prepar3D V5 compatible add-ons. If it is not compatible with V5 I do not install it.

Almost forgot to say that I'm installing all Orbx product  in a separate Library (Other Hard Drive) outside Prepar3d directory.

I have another question though, regarding OBJECT FLOW. I was not able to find where I can have access to this file in Orbx CENTRAL. I went to the Misc. section where I see CHASE PLANE (as per your picture) and was not able to find this. However, in the add-on section of PREPAR3D V5 I have seen a file called "OBJECT FLOW" on the list of add-ons.

Thank you and keep safe.

PS: forgot to mention what I have installed:

- Orbx Global base,

- All OPEN LC,

- Building HD

- Trees HD,

- All Orbx regions. Although I do not have any TRUE EARTH regions in Prepar3D V5, and the only exception is TE Netherlands.

- Many Airports....

- I'm using Prepar3d V5 out of the box terrain mesh..

Plinio

Obviously it's just a test waiting for the Fix but the problem of the runway textures at Orbx LOWI on P3D 5, I solved it by installing the version of Orbx LOWI for P3D 4.5 in P3D 5 and this is the result:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/9938/DaPVK0.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5753/cAC1MT.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9877/KH6Xlr.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/8572/MewZkf.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sirs,

Is there any solution for the problem related on this topic?

It is marked as answered, Maybe I'm missing something, sorry....

Best regards,

plinio

5 hours ago, PCEM said:

Dear Sirs,

Is there any solution for the problem related on this topic?

It is marked as answered, Maybe I'm missing something, sorry....

Best regards,

plinio

Answered yes. Solved no. ;) 

I think they do continue to sell it as V5-compatible in the meantime. So we’ll assume a fix isn’t far away. 

Hello , 

Since one Month now i ( and many others ) waiting for an Solution with the Texture Problem on LOWI Airprt . 

Whats going on with Orbx ? 

Any Update about the progress to find an Solution for this behavior from Orb Side ? 

Don't think that's the best way to deal with customers

Since 4 Weeks we all use P3Dv5 HF1 . 

Please give me an Update about the Status of LOWI  !!!!

Thanks 

Michael 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived