Introducing KHVN Tweed-New Haven Airport for Prepar3D v4 and v5!

qPq36an.jpg

Located on the picturesque coast of Connecticut, midway between New York and Boston, KHVN Tweed-New Haven is one of two airports in CT that sees regular airline services. With a 5,600ft main runway, Tweed-New Haven can serve aircraft up to and including the Boeing 737-800 and Boeing 757 series. Alongside scheduled jet services to Philadelphia and Charlotte, Tweed-New Haven also sees seasonal RPT flights with Southern Airways Express to Nantucket Island using the Cessna Caravan. The airport is also a perfect interim stop between New York and Boston, as well as other major ports in the Northeast. 

As home to world-renowned Yale University, New Haven is a terrific spot for the GA flyers to begin an adventure or stop along the coast. A short but stunning 60NM flight to the south-west following the coastline will see you approaching the skyline of New York City. Only 18NM to the south you'll arrive on the shores of Long Island, and an Orbx classic, KBID Block Island Airport is only 60NM to the east. 

The airport is covered by stunning 7cm/pixel imagery, with the same high-resolution source also forming the immediate surrounding area at a crisp 30cm/pixel resolution. The surrounding coverage is at 60cm/pixel and covers an area of just under 100sq kilometres, including the entire city of New Haven and surrounds. As can also be seen from the screenshots below, this is our first new-release product that will be available for both Prepar3D v4 Prepar3D v5!

I'm incredibly excited to be announcing this project, it's been a true marathon to get this to you all. I'd also like to give thanks to the team at Robinson Aviation, the FBO provider on the airfield, who were gracious enough to take the reference photos that allowed me take on my largest project to date.

Coverage Map

LigTKdo.jpg

AT A GLANCE

Alongside the stunning 7cm imagery surrounding the airport, Tweed-New Haven is loaded with the features you've come to expect and love from Orbx airports. This includes:

• A true to life depiction of Tweed-New Haven Airport crafted from on-site photos 
  • The largest Orbx airport in the north-eastern USA to date
  • Ultra HD airport buildings with meticulous attention to detail
  • Fully functional SODE Jetway
  • Custom ground poly with detailing up to 1cm/pixel
  • Extensive coverage area include the entire city of New Haven
  • Custom static aircraft & GSE created exclusively for KHVN
  • Optimized for best performance with your favorite high-end aircraft
  • Perfectly located for short flights to NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, Nantucket and Block Island
  • Full seasonal variations perfectly blending with Global Base or OpenLC NA
  • Our first new release for both Prepar3D v4.5 & Prepar3D v5!
  • The fourth airport by Jordan Gough

Be sure to keep an eye out for more screenshots and info on this airport over the coming weeks!

Screenshots from both P3Dv4 & P3Dv5

TcBvLL6.jpg

hsj2lhY.jpg

GbMhwbU.jpg

zy8Qlth.jpg

e7JfyKy.jpg

aUKTFQM.jpg

DbxG0ON.jpg

tAamCxc.jpg

wW1E5T2.jpg

Xy5RSEO.jpg

lGoMCVC.jpg

t35bzzv.jpg

yqpL9Pi.jpg

bhOL5gX.jpg

TIsBJo3.jpg

XQhUs8t.jpg

8JpXX1X.jpg

whyZSEL.jpg

qsbkTwS.jpg

DJgCi9n.jpg

0tC6TzS.jpg

KY9U0la.jpg

a7w2sBB.jpg

Did a lot a touch & go's at that airport while training for my private pilot & commercial licences. Thank you for bringing back beautiful memories.

One more thing, I'm a fan of any developer that features the L-39 in their promo pics. :)

3 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Did a lot a touch & go's at that airport while training for my private pilot & commercial licences. Thank you for bringing back beautiful memories.

One more thing, I'm a fan of any developer that features the L-39 in their promo pics. :)

Wow I didn't know you were a pilot, cool

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Wow I didn't know you were a pilot, cool

Certified Flight Instructor, CFII

I did most of my training and my initial (CFI) at KFRG. Part of the reason why we did the T&Gs in CT was because there were no landing fees. Back then I think it was $2.50 per landing at KFRG. So we stayed away from doing more than one landing at KFRG. 

First Boulder, now New Haven!  Great stuff coming down the line. Time to move on from FSX to P3D.   A difficult transition, and really scary.  I hope and pray that I can get add-ons to work. (Really worried about my network setup with Spad.neXt).  

Ken

Hi Jordan!

Thanks for this nice airport...

You may know this better: Runway 14/32 is closed due to Airnav.com, Jeppesen and Google Earth. The screenshots are showing it open.

Take care and keep healthy!

Bert

transaction ID 5ea957977cfb7

30 minutes ago, Bert Groner said:

Hi Jordan!

Thanks for this nice airport...

You may know this better: Runway 14/32 is closed due to Airnav.com, Jeppesen and Google Earth. The screenshots are showing it open.

Take care and keep healthy!

Bert

transaction ID 5ea957977cfb7

Yes I raised this but Jordan is offering the airport as it was when the imagery was sourced, and also offering those who want the choice of using that runway.  I think it's a good choice.

14 hours ago, DoubleMack said:

Is there any chance that this will also be available on FSX Steam Edition?

Don't think so, technology developments utilised in these newer airports don't work in 32 bit programs (FSX and FSX-SE).

As a test I just linked the P3DV4 airport to FSX, and it crashed FSX immediately I tried to start a flight there. :-)

Archived