Just an intro...

Stillwater

This flight is not more than a touristic intro, and OLC already shows what it´s got. Flying from Maputo, Mocambique.

ZjYrbpu.jpg

qaqLNOt.jpg

I am sure the buildings are not placed like in reality. But for us foreigners the impression is like a cityscape, isn´t it?

Hy9Ykdd.jpg

slOc2TQ.jpg

The border of Mocambique to South Africa is just between the cities Ressano Garcia and Komatipoort. And this might be the port.

Kx6eGTQ.jpg

Malelane airport. The mixture of mountains and clouds is waiting for me...

go8RRu9.jpg

... and, like so often, the default ATC claimed my destination airport would be "currently IFR". So I had to fly as per their intended pattern, downwind across the N4...

7CcyldH.jpg

... to Matsulu village, ...

UFy9QQE.jpg

... over a fantastic landscape...

ok0FbTJ.jpg

... into FAKN Kruger Mpumalanga airport. This airport had a critical elevation profile and was a total mess in plain P3D. Now in OLC and with the airport freeware from https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/southafrica.html it is usable.

WpK5zIJ.jpg

You may already guess where the wealthy tourist flies next...

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

I an enjoying your shots of Africa Gerold!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are welcome, John!

1 hour ago, BradB said:

I look forward to your shots from Africa in Version 5 Gerold ........ B):D

Thanks John. As I have just commented somewhere else, I am always a late mover. I enjoy what I have and wait for all major add-ons to be ported.

29 minutes ago, schtroumf said:

Awesome these screenshots, I love this plane and its liveryB)

Thank you Olivier. I am looking for African liveries, but I thought the fire brigade could be on an international mission.

5 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Another great set, Gerold.

Thank you Eberhard!

3 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding set of shots Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam.

1 hour ago, Hauer said:

Great series, Gerold!

Herman

You are welcome, herman!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I am enjoying your tour around Africa Gerold.

ANother splendid flight with some great scenery.

I like to take you around... but I am not to blame for this magnificent scenery!

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I somehow missed how you got from Victoria Falls to Maputo. Great flight and I have no idea where the wealthy tourist is going next. To Cape Town? To Joburg? I've read that FSDG is about to release Durban, too.

No problem that you missed my airbus flight to Maputo. Low & slow is THE way to go in the fantastic OLC.

I have read the planned release of some high quality airport in Africa with pleasure, too. But my next flight will go somehwere else... much closer.

6 hours ago, TerribleT said:

At a loss for words about this set - great captures - one of my favourite aircraft as well!

Thank you for such a compliment, TT. The good old 337 is a nice tool for low&slow flying - and the scenery is just a pleasure!

56 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Always nice to see your tours, mine are so tandom

Thank you Jack. I always like to get inspiration from the entire screenshot forum - regions, POIs, planes, flight routes and the comments.

Archived