Terrain issues and Vector question

Hi!

I've installed much of the LC and Regions I had in P3D v4 into P3Dv5 now and most of what I've ran so far works great. I just popped into KPSP and I get the elevation issues where it looks like im in the grand canyon. Vector would fix this in v4, but as I've see Vector will not be utilized in v5. How are elevation issues being remedied now? Any suggestions? Thanks for any help all!

KSPS v5.JPG

I only have SoCal and PSP looks identical to your screenshot. I do have several other areas, and have done some flying around NorCal as well (still installing the others). I took off from LAX and flew to PSP to see that it was down in the canyon. It's the only one I've seen like that so far.

-Sam S

Hello,

the solution is in the attached file.

If used in the latest version of P3D v4.5 and in P3D v5, it must be placed above

SCA in the library.

The most convenient location is in the Orbx Libraries scenery folder, at least it is,

if using the scenery library and not the add-ons list.

The reason is that for who knows what reason, the developer of this region airport

decided to set the elevation at 0 feet and then correct it with an elevation adjustment file.

Neither the latest version of P3D v4.5, nor version 5 look for those files, instead, taking

the airport elevation from the highest version in the scenery library.

In this case, it is 0 feet.

Placing the elevation adjustment file higher than that will correct this odd method.

This has been reported and fixed before and I have asked for it to be fixed but so far, no one

behind the scenes seems to have taken any action.

ADE_FTX_SCA_KPSP_ALT.bgl

Thank you for the speedy reply! I will give this a shot. This must have been something that the elevation correction tool in Vector caught and corrected before I realized it. Now without Vector available in v5 it's rearing its ugly head yet again. Maybe that will be the kick they need to at least include this file in the library itself, if not fixed on the back end.

Either way, thank you again!

Archived