File Extract Issue Installing Global Base Pack

Hi Guys congrats in getting P3Dv5 compatibility to the standard it is already!!!  Small issue when installing global base into v5, central says 1 of the files failed to extract and suggested I use the verify files process to resolve it.  I did and the issue remains and it directed me to this support.  I appreciate 1 file may not be a huge issue on a global scale but would welcome some advice.

Just as a further update to this topic when installing the EU Scotland region central reported 21 files failed to extract and this caused a lot of black landclass tiles to appear and a general mismatch of landclass tiles to be displayed.

Here is something I came across pertaining to your issue. Go to Central, to the Downloader tab, clear your Temp files, then locate where you installed your backups, the path is shown just underneath your Temp folder, go to the backsups on your computer and delte EU Scotland and Base, then get back on Central and do verify files for Eu Scotland and Base, it should redownload and install them both without extraction issues. Hope this helps. 

Wow SSAIR1 your advice worked like a charm.  Followed your advice to the letter and both now rectified completely using verify files and are a visual treat in v5.  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and assist.

Take care and stay safe.  :);)

Archived