Can't install Orbx

Hi, after lots of issues, I have formatted both windows and the x plane drive for a fresh install.  New windows install and x plane is working fine..............but I cannot for the life of me get any Orbx to install, either libraries or scenery.  Every single download I try comes up in central with the error message "central couldn't read product data.  I have uninstalled central, reinstalled and the same problem persists.  I am just going round in circles at the moment (probably a bit stir crazy)  Could anyone help please? 

Thanks in advance

Receipt number 5db55290b4af6 and several others

CB5F74C3-1A96-4918-B37E-58ADB325BD74.JPG

I have tried several more times, uninstalled Orbx central, searched through windows deleted every last bit of it and then reinstalled but with the same result.  I have all of the UK scenery paid for but am unable to load any of it at present.  It is a brand new installation of windows and X plane, on the same drives as before but formatted and reloaded.  Having spend many hours on it today I need a break from it but would welcome any input on how to get it installed again.  I am hoping support will pick this up on here as X plane just isn't the same without Orbx.  There is only minimum other plug ins installed at the moment so there should be no issues

Hi, I think I posted in the wrong part of the forum originally (X plane 11 part) sorry about that, new to the forum.  

I had lots of issues with my computer as it was and ended up formatting and reloading all drives for a fresh start.    New windows install and x plane are both working fine..............but I cannot for the life of me get any Orbx to install, either libraries or scenery.  Every single download I try comes up in central with the error message "central couldn't read product data.  I have uninstalled central, reinstalled and the same problem persists.  I am just going round in circles at the moment (probably a bit stir crazy)  Could anyone help please?  I have deleted Central a few times, deleted all related files, re installed and still have the same issues.  I cannot get any of it to install.  I have tried making different library and temp file locations but also to no avail.   I hope you can help as x plane is not the same without it. 

Thanks in advance

Receipt number 5db55290b4af6 and several others

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

CB5F74C3-1A96-4918-B37E-58ADB325BD74.JPG

central.log

1 hour ago, Rollers263 said:

I have tried several more times, uninstalled Orbx central, searched through windows deleted every last bit of it and then reinstalled but with the same result.  I have all of the UK scenery paid for but am unable to load any of it at present.  It is a brand new installation of windows and X plane, on the same drives as before but formatted and reloaded.  Having spend many hours on it today I need a break from it but would welcome any input on how to get it installed again.  I am hoping support will pick this up on here as X plane just isn't the same without Orbx.  There is only minimum other plug ins installed at the moment so there should be no issues

Please attach your Orbx central log file available via Orbx Central/settings/help, so we can see if it tells us what is going on. @Nick Cooper can we forward this to Orbx Central please. Also would you check that the purchasing of the addons was correct and not a P3D version for example.

Thanks Jon.  I realised my mistake of not putting it in the central forum and have done so with the Orbx central log. 
mots definitely not the wrong versions as they were all working fine for the past several months.  I can’t for the life of me work out what’s going wrong. 
thanks

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Rollers263,

Looking at your central.log file, the installation can't proceed because another process (potentially anti-virus?) gets a lock on the product manifest data during the install process.

I'd suggest:

• Deleting the contents of C:\Users\rowle\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\
  • Disabling any anti-virus temporarily
  • Reattempting the installation and seeing if the issue persists.

Hi and thank you both very much for your replies

I woke at 5 am this morning and decided to disable all protection of any sort via configure Defender utility..............once that was done Central was able to to read whatever it needed and away it went downloading.   I left it to it, Defender had turned itself on again but all was working fine (still downloading......going to take a while).  

I've only just gone to Windows Defender as my go to AV so have a bit of a learning curve, as its now a lot more secure than it used to be. 

Josh Koz, yes you were spot on, and thanks for the suggestion.  John Clarke, thank you very much for taking the time to help.  

I am now looking forward to some proper and enjoyable flying again later today

Archived