No P3Dv5 Folder in Orbx Library?

RobC

Hello again y 'all,

I have V5 installed and running, looks a lot different to me but seems to be running good, anyways, I was getting ready to test some Orbx regions and just looked and I do not have a p3dv5 folder in my library BUT Central does see the simulator. 

Do I have to create a library from within central for v5? OR just create a new folder in the library and start copying files over?

(I'm asking because it was my understanding that Central would create this folder if I as it recognized the simulator)

thanks. 

Hey Doug, thanks for the help man,

Actually I followed that guide when getting everything set up. I am in the Fastlane already, I have the newest updated version of Central, I have run P3Dv5 3 times and flown some planes, I have run central and selected the P3Dv5 sim and looked at all available sceneries, but there is no folder created in my existing Orbx Library. 

From that guide, this made me think that it would automatically create the folder: 

"When viewing your Orbx library in Explorer, you'll notice a folder for each simulator that supports libraries:"

Do I have to create that folder manually? or should it just be there? 

I'm wondering because I would prefer to not make any mistakes.

thanks for any help. 

OR do I have to actually create a NEW library for V5 in that existing folder? Maybe that's the problem?

I get so nervous I'm going to screw something up... I'm the kind of person that has to understand everything before going forward, so I'm just trying to take it one step at a time.

Hey Nick thanks for the suggestion,

I have already run Central and central does list P3Dv5 in the sim list, do I need to do anything else? Sync, make a library? or is it just supposed to make the folder automatically? It doesn't seem to be making a folder on it's own.

thanks sir.

I wonder if I should try downloading at least one scenery, like global? It would have to make a folder then I assume?

thanks for the help sir, I know you guys are probably busy as all get out.

OK that worked!!

It told me that before installing the trees that an Orbx libraries would have to be installed, and then it made the folder.

THANK NICK!! 

after this is done I'm going to try copying over global base and see  what happens.

I am struggling with the copy paste thing too, I first copied into the V5 folder from the same folder in V4 and Central didn't see it   I then tried in the Orbx library folder on a separate drive where trees and buildings have gone into   Central still doesn't see it   I was testing with FTX England.

I really don't want to download everything again if I dont have too  

My V4.5 is still intact and Central is the latest .16 version.

I am sure I am likely missing something simple here.

36 minutes ago, bcrawley57 said:

I am struggling with the copy paste thing too, I first copied into the V5 folder from the same folder in V4 and Central didn't see it   I then tried in the Orbx library folder on a separate drive where trees and buildings have gone into   Central still doesn't see it   I was testing with FTX England.

I really don't want to download everything again if I dont have too  

My V4.5 is still intact and Central is the latest .16 version.

I am sure I am likely missing something simple here.

I think if I had anything installed in the P3Dv4 folder itself I would just redownload only those NEW for P3Dv5 and let them install properly, then for the stuff in my library I would try downloading one of my other small sceneries into the P3Dv5 library folder just to make sure the folder is established in central, and then copy all of my "compatible only" library stuff into the folder.

THEN, I would run "verify files" on all of the scenery I didn't just re-download, one by one and let Central check those files/entries.

Or,

You could just try to run "verify files" on all the scenery you already copied and see if that works. I also saw a post that said to try to run sync in central, to sync the simulator and central I assume.

good luck.

4 minutes ago, RobC said:

I think if I had anything installed in the P3Dv4 folder itself I would just redownload only those NEW for P3Dv5 and let them install properly, then for the stuff in my library I would try downloading one of my other small sceneries into the P3Dv5 library folder just to make sure the folder is established in central, and then copy all of my "compatible only" library stuff into the folder.

THEN, I would run "verify files" on all of the scenery I didn't just re-download, one by one and let Central check those files/entries.

Or,

You could just try to run "verify files" on all the scenery you already copied and see if that works. I also saw a post that said to try to run sync in central, to sync the simulator and central I assume.

good luck.

The trouble is when I copy over, the scenery title is still in grey and there is no option to verify  The only option is to install   then it is downloading again :(

Orbx Global, trees and buildings I installed by downloading.

Brian

Archived