LOWI - runway textures disappear at certain camera angles

I have this issue too. If looking straight down the runway they are gone. If I turn my head 45* to the right or left they appear. Was looking for somewhere to report the bug as being a beta I am sure they would like the input to adjust things.

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

I'm still working on the solution to this - thanks for your patience :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hey Jarrad this is happening even on default KBFI airport in Orbx PNW.  I know in the screenshot it doesn't show as it would come and disappear by the time I clicked the 'v' key it may have resurfaced back to normal.  Please take my word for it.

Would this have to do the fast that I also have Pilots 2020 Ultimate Mesh NG installed?

Anyway I figured this data could be relevant to you that is why I am passing it.

Thanks

2020-5-13_18-42-48-942.jpg

1 hour ago, Airwolf said:

Hey Jarrad this is happening even on default KBFI airport in Orbx PNW.  I know in the screenshot it doesn't show as it would come and disappear by the time I clicked the 'v' key it may have resurfaced back to normal.  Please take my word for it.

Would this have to do the fast that I also have Pilots 2020 Ultimate Mesh NG installed?

Anyway I figured this data could be relevant to you that is why I am passing it.

Thanks

Thanks Airwolf, 

Very useful info - cheers. I'm not 100% sure of the process used to create the PNW KBFI APX/ground poly, though for the couple of stand-alone airports that have the issue, we have found a common factor that I am currently investigating. At this point, it doesn't appear that 3P mesh is factoring into issues at LOWI, but will definitely look into that too. 

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

For those running P3Dv5, this was fixed for me and many others at LOWI by version 1.3.0. I didn't write "all others" but I haven't seen any posts that reported the problem after that LOWI patch. See which one you have in Orbx Central. P3DHF2 seems to have corrected this issue at other airports too.

Here's the announcement about the patch

Archived