P3Dv4-P3Dv5 Installation question

RobC

Hey y'all AWESOME list of day one compatible products!! Thank you very much!!

I have a question though, most of my products are compatible, and my P3Dv4 library with just P3Dv4 is 420GB on disk, if I read the instructions correctly it looks I'll just be copying the entire directory (NOT including ANY products that are not listed as compatible of course) again into the P3Dv5 folder: 

"If you copy (or move if you no longer intend to use v4) products from the p3dv4 directory into the p3dv5 directory, Central will recognise them as being installed in Prepar3D v5. However, you must ensure you only copy products that are marked as compatible. Support will not be given for products that are not compatible with Prepar3D v5.

Once the compatible products are in your p3dv5 directory, you can start Central again. For each product you copied, click on them, then press "verify files". This is to ensure you have all of the latest updates and product dependencies installed."

Is this going to add another 400GB to this hard drive?

I may have to get a larger drive is this is the case.

ALSO if this is the case, can I make V5 it's OWN library on another drive? (OR is this an option that "might" come later?

thanks, and VERY appreciated. 

I'm curious to find out as well.  I tend to fly mainly airliners, so I could in theory "move" the FTX regions (which I often don't use for such flights) and many of the smaller airfields over to v5 and just do my GA flying over there as I wait for the other add-ons to follow suit.

Global textures and OpenLC regions will be best to duplicate as well, as I've found they tend to work best when installed directly into the sim - I've experienced (documented) anomalies when installing those via library.

Archived