The V5 Install Process

Hi Orbx,

Many thanks for your continued work. I have read through the process of getting the products working in V5. I intend to keep 4.5 installed for some time while many other products catch up etc.. I note you say you can copy and paste the files into the new V5 directory that has been created then launch Orbx Central and it will recognise it. My question is: IS it at all possible to use a symlink or similar to do this so i don't double up on the storage space on my drive? All be it a temp thing as V4 will eventually be completely uninstalled.

Thank you.

+1 on this.

My logic: 

• Copy the individual compatible entities (i.e. not the entire p3dv4 folder) into the new p3dv5 folder, as they become compatible
  • Symlink those entities back into the p3dv4 folder.
  • Once ready to abandon v4, simply delete the p3dv4 folder which will now consist solely of symlinks

Would such an arrangement cause a mess within Orbx Central?  Since this is effectively moving the files (as opposed to copying), does Orbx Central make any changes to the products (such as after verifying, etc.) which would render them unusable in v4?

Archived