Go to where the pepper grows...

Stillwater

There are no scheduled flights from Singapore to my destination of today, but at least in exactly that direction. The shiny 787 gets cleared early...

Qm7eEDo.jpg

... and leaves Singers with the morning light, ...

YxtyTi5.jpg

... waving g´day to the city.

enpSgjE.jpg

Flying southwest we cross Sumatra, which - to me - shows itself surprisingly big and rugged. Interesting for the future with OLC Asia.

fIRx828.jpg

Some hours of Indian Ocean flying later (shortened by the QW jump function) Mauritius comes into view, ...

uCMzJuH.jpg

e3Tu6qd.jpg

... and then the coast of Madagascar.

5EMBsQV.jpg

B4Y3fbs.jpg

This is the place to descend today.

hZiFf1n.jpg

Looks interesting, but unfortunately slightly covered.

L9Kjdgm.jpg

tWhZcGN.jpg

Luckily Antananarivo airport shows up...

YiNd6ly.jpg

fG0zhSc.jpg

... but this bird feels somehow misplaced here :D!

Fj0KXl2.jpg

Interesting expeditions to come, I am sure.

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice flight and shot Gerold. :)

Thank you Adam. Some surprising new regions to see for me, and these were only traces of Sumatra and Madagascar...

26 minutes ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Great set!

Thanks Eberhard. More to come, as you may already have expected.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shots.  Why do they call it Singers?

Uh, I don´t know that Jack. There we need some Aussies to jump in...

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

great set of shots, I have this but don't know what QW jump function is?.... I couldn't give you a like, apparently I have done it too much today?...:D

Thanks Wain. In the 787 users manual on page 249 you´ll find it: Go to the INFO page of the MFD displays, menu item "JUMP AHEAD". There you can select any waypoint of your flight plan and it will jump to that point. Fuel is consumed, but no step climbs are done - and the elapsed flight time is also not correctly increased. But I find this better than flying some hours over an Ocean...

Lovely shots of your new area of exploration - I believe "Singers" was an English slang word for Singapore from the days of the British Empire when Malaya was a British Colony - the nickname still continues to this day amoungst many cultures and languages

14 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Lovely shots of your new area of exploration - I believe "Singers" was an English slang word for Singapore from the days of the British Empire when Malaya was a British Colony - the nickname still continues to this day amoungst many cultures and languages

Thanks for your comment and the historical eplanation, TT!

5 hours ago, jean marc said:

And now a small cub to vfr fly looking for delicious voatsy pepper and huge baobabs ... Take care with the aye-ayes B)

I will not go down to a cub - the island is just too big for that slow toy.

I´ll try to take care and post the next leg in a few minutes!

5 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

So cool, Gerold. An Indian Ocean diagonal traverse is still on my list, along with the South Atlantic crossing. SIA flies from WSSS to FACT via FAOR. That's probably what you were referring to, too.

That´s it, exactly. I could have done this flight and "eventually" divert to FMMI... but I chose the "chartered" flight. Unfortunately the SIA flights go through pitch black night, I did not like such a simulation.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:20 PM, Stillwater said:

Uh, I don´t know that Jack. There we need some Aussies to jump in...

Thanks Wain. In the 787 users manual on page 249 you´ll find it: Go to the INFO page of the MFD displays, menu item "JUMP AHEAD". There you can select any waypoint of your flight plan and it will jump to that point. Fuel is consumed, but no step climbs are done - and the elapsed flight time is also not correctly increased. But I find this better than flying some hours over an Ocean...

thanks for the explaination, I may try that at a later date....this is an aircraft I really do like, hope they do update to p3d5 at some stage....

Archived