True Earth GB Central update OrbxCentral problems

DoKeMe

I have been trying to update TE GB Central and installed Orbx central, every attempt shut the computer down. I then did a manual download which was ok, and pointed Orbx at that. It gies the message 'Extracting full download' and counts from 1 to 230, then I get a message 'Downloading & installing Extracted 0/19446 Converted 1333/7186, which does not change. Task manager shows 7 instances of Orbx, with 0.2% Cpu use. What is going on & how can I make this update work? Everything was fine before update, I am not using a beta Version of Xplane (11.41) and now it will not load the scenery because of missing ortho files. 

7 hours ago, DoKeMe said:

I have been trying to update TE GB Central and installed Orbx central, every attempt shut the computer down. I then did a manual download which was ok, and pointed Orbx at that. It gies the message 'Extracting full download' and counts from 1 to 230, then I get a message 'Downloading & installing Extracted 0/19446 Converted 1333/7186, which does not change. Task manager shows 7 instances of Orbx, with 0.2% Cpu use. What is going on & how can I make this update work? Everything was fine before update, I am not using a beta Version of Xplane (11.41) and now it will not load the scenery because of missing ortho files. 

I assume you managed to install Orbx Central. If so please attach the Orbx Central log file available via Orbx Central/settings/help so we can look and see if it tells us what is happening

I tried clearing out the old install of GB Central & doing a fresh install, Cdrive has 164GB free, F drive 100GB free, but am still finding the computer shut down and GB Central not loading. When I open up Orbx central again it appears to have only done a partial download although the folders are in the custom scenery and they are listed in the .ini file. I have opened the central .log file, but it wil not attach 7 does not show me its locatiion. I have saved a copy and attached that. Hope this helps. Also log.txt from Xplane. Orb x is currently resuming download, having only loaded 6.61 GB last time.

central.log Log.txt

I will wait until you have finished your new download. In the meantime did you use Orbx Central to uninstall your previous installation, and did it uninstall it. You say you "tried" to clear out the old install?

Did you clear the Temp folder?

Did you reboot the PC?

I deleted files using file explorer from the custom scenery folder and cancelled downloading in Central. I have tried installing in a newly created Library, but the computer shuts down completely while loading. I found that the 2015 C++ would not load as there was a newer version, deleted that and installed the recommended c++ programs as per help section, still computer shuts down. Deleted temp folder and currently attempting another download, sofar have 12 GB but no extractions or conversions

Have added the strict-ssl false command to Orbx central shortcut, cancelled existing download, cleared download & backup areas in OxC, and ensured no folders exist in Xplane custom scenery and am attempting a download into a new library folder on a disk with 280 GB of space.

Just after this post the computer shut down completely. I restarted and paused the download. Here's the log file. I can't detect any fault in the computer, everything seems to be working fine, can you make any suggestions?   XPlane11 4.1 runs fine with Orbx North, no other crashes to report except with downloading from Orbx.

central.log

Archived