BUG REPORT - KMIA - Odd Appearance of ground textures

Something is wrong with the KMIA Aiport after installing Florida TE. I installed Florida HD and later Florida SD and unfortunately it looks the same. Interestingly the plane behaves as if it would be on rough terrain. It behaves normally once it reaches the grey areas in the first picture.

247249163_Anmerkung2020-04-10184442.thumb.jpg.f33ee6ab8c1d70b5e3b505f167feed9f.jpg467195487_Anmerkung2020-04-10184349.thumb.jpg.3a89c4a0d65f2f3b862a7c086b2cbfea.jpg

I attached 2 screenshots to the report the first one is from HD and the scond one is from SD. I also attached the scenery_packs.ini file and Log file as a zip.

Best,

Christopher

scenery_packs.ini

Log.zip

There are reports of an anomaly with the default Gateway KMIA with TE Florida. As Orbx doesn't do any airports in the TE series addon (payware as additional airports come later). I successfully use this freeware addon to remove the anomaly.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27786-kmia-miami-international-airport/

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 7:32 PM, Jon Clarke said:

There are reports of an anomaly with the default Gateway KMIA with TE Florida. As Orbx doesn't do any airports in the TE series addon (payware as additional airports come later). I successfully use this freeware addon to remove the anomaly.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27786-kmia-miami-international-airport/

Hi Jon,

in my TE Florida SD installation there is a folder called "Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports". I'm curious now what's in this folder, if Orbx has not done any airports for TE Florida.

On 5/2/2020 at 11:36 AM, wolfko said:

Hi Jon,

in my TE Florida SD installation there is a folder called "Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports". I'm curious now what's in this folder, if Orbx has not done any airports for TE Florida.

They are corrective runway data for the incorrect runway alignment  of some default airfields vs what the ortho imagery shows. It places the runways to match the imagery so you don't get 2 runways.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Dave Cook said:

I have the same issue. Is Orbx doing anything to fix this or do we have to use Jon's suggestion if we don't want to taxi on dirt. I know it is "True Earth", but I would prefer to taxi on black top or pavement.

As stated in my initial responses it is not an Orbx airport and Orbx has no authorisation to modify a default Laminar airport. There is nothing for Orbx to fix.

I strongly recommend you download the copy at the link and this will resolve the issues you have.

It is a good rendition of KMIA:)

There is clearly a bug when True Earth is installed because once removed the airport at KMIA regains its original texture.  If Orbx is not looking into fixing this bug, and we don’t want to use the airport lay out you suggest, would this be a Laminar issue?  They will probably ask us to remove the custom scenery since it works fine without.  All other Florida Airpots are fine except for KMIA. 

1 hour ago, 73samster said:

There is clearly a bug when True Earth is installed because once removed the airport at KMIA regains its original texture.  If Orbx is not looking into fixing this bug, and we don’t want to use the airport lay out you suggest, would this be a Laminar issue?  They will probably ask us to remove the custom scenery since it works fine without.  All other Florida Airpots are fine except for KMIA. 

I will have to refer this to @Tony Wroblewski for comment as I cannot advise further. It may need something like an exclusion but Orbx is not authorised to modify the default airport, hence the option to install an addon freeware version. 

43 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I will have to refer this to @Tony Wroblewski for comment as I cannot advise further. It may need something like an exclusion but Orbx is not authorised to modify the default airport, hence the option to install an addon freeware version. 

Ok, Perfect.  I hope Tony can look into this and let us know.  Other than KMIA other airports are fine.  The sooner he can fix the better.  Let me know and thank you for replying.  Will check back with you since I am not the only person.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/29/2020 at 5:11 PM, Flight Simmer said:

This is an issue with the default scenery where wrong pavement type was used for Taxi/apron.  Please go to this page and submit a bug.  https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/KMIA/show .  Need to login/create account to file bug. 

Upon further investigation I also agree with what 73samster conclusion.   For time being adding the word disabled in scenery.ini makes the airport usable again until Orbx release a patch.

SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Florida_Airports/

The airport does use non taxi object but it is not a uncommon practice.  If taxi object was used then even if it is below in the scenery object order it will override whatever Orbx airport is manipulating.  Is the Orbx Florida airports changing the mesh that is causing soft surface to come above the pavement?   

KMIA_softsurce_rises.png

Archived