Relocation, flight 2 of 2 - Stuart Highway

Stillwater

If you wondered about the final destination of this repositioning after flight 1, ...

... I can give you the answer. VA1459 starts in Melbourne with slightly uninviting weather.

vsTIUKc.jpg

At least the TrueGlass effect works as great...

EQGUB8e.jpg

... as precipitFX does.

1qXEiqz.jpg

Climbing over Victoria in the rain...

dEl4zYo.jpg

... and over the clouds.

73YJ8xg.jpg

Flying northwest, at Danggali Wilderness area the dry center begins.

9paaNdB.jpg

The green-red borderline near Adelaide, where Stuart Highway begins. You can even see the southern ocean in the background.

Fi5pqvj.jpg

Lake Eyre.

qQTa5j6.jpg

For those who have not seen it in RL yet:

mmxgbPE.jpg

Hours later we leave the red center near Tennant Creek...

e1pzZNh.jpg

... and cross Litchfield NP...

12JsgEv.jpg

... on the way to the north coast...

bozPfa4.jpg

... and into Darwin. To our left you can see the northern end of Stuart Highway.

D5INs78.jpg

n010HT7.jpg

Parked. Without afcad and also without GSX services. But with the plan to spend some days here!

u54OSvz.jpg

Oh man, I didn't know that Steward highway was going all the way to Adelaide!

We drove no further then Batchelor from Darwin on that road. And we've been in Litchfield park.

And I certainly have seen those lakes in the center of Australia since we took a flight from Melbourne to Singapore.

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Well done Gerold !! .

Thank you John!

5 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Man! What a tour! Thank you so much for taking us along. Great attention to detail. I love the RL shot of Lake Eyre.

At least I had to do this tour only in virtual, yet. I took the Lake Eyre shot on our last years flight from Sydney to Conellan.

4 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Oh man, I didn't know that Steward highway was going all the way to Adelaide!

We drove no further then Batchelor from Darwin on that road. And we've been in Litchfield park.

And I certainly have seen those lakes in the center of Australia since we took a flight from Melbourne to Singapore.

Thanks for your comments, Ben. I have not been to the north, but can add some detail from the highway further south (taken at the "you are here" arrow).

6VphSKn.jpg

Ah my friend you have taken me from one favorite sim area, Tasmania which I have only visited a few times in RL, to another favorite area  - the Northern Territory where I lived and worked, mainly in aviation, for 15 years!  Co-incidentally, both these favorite spots are also probably the favorite spots of our old friend Teecee who I'm sure will be getting the same enjoyment from them.  Your shots did justice to all those areas which I have seen both from the air and on the ground - I look forward to your next guided tours.

10 hours ago, schtroumf said:

the passenger views are awesomeB)

Thank you Olivier! 

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice work Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another nice tour Gerold.

Sorry no bridges in the outback, Jack. Either you can cross the creek, or not.

8 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Ah my friend you have taken me from one favorite sim area, Tasmania which I have only visited a few times in RL, to another favorite area  - the Northern Territory where I lived and worked, mainly in aviation, for 15 years!  Co-incidentally, both these favorite spots are also probably the favorite spots of our old friend Teecee who I'm sure will be getting the same enjoyment from them.  Your shots did justice to all those areas which I have seen both from the air and on the ground - I look forward to your next guided tours.

Thank you very much for the story TT, id adds some more personal touch to our virtual flying & posting. I sincerely hope @teecee is well and - at least - able to read in the forum. And I am convinced if he can, he´ll be pleased by the shots on his footsteps and the many mates thinking of him.

Archived