A short city tour before waving goodbye...

Stillwater

... to Tasmania. We go from Launceston airport towards the city...

ZEoHqoO.jpg

... and descend over Tamar River, ...

jxu1BY7.jpg

... to look at the entry of Cataract Gorge. Left of the bridge should be the famous Stillwater restaurant, at least the name should be well known to some. https://www.stillwater.com.au/

dHD1g6k.jpg

We enter the gorge and chase South Esk river, ...

G8uIkv2.jpg

... towards Trevallyn Dam.

qAtiTF8.jpg

Finally we play a round at the Country Club, though its buildings are invisible. Tomorrow we´ll leave the Apple Isle...

9bzE4hr.jpg

Thank you for commenting, @Iain Emms, Olivier @schtroumf, John @BradB, @Jack Sawyer and @adambar !

10 hours ago, TerribleT said:

I always admire anyone who can operate an helicopter and take screenies at the same time - well done Sir!

The "pause" function helps a bit, and I have allocated it to one of the buttons on my Saitek stick... :D.

24 minutes ago, jean marc said:

so you are famous in Tasmania :lol:

:D - but I doubt many persons know both this forum and the restaurant?

17 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Excellent, as always, Gerold. I sometimes wondered, how you came up with that name. Is it really from that particular restaurant or are their other places with this name too?

Thank you Bernd. When I entered this forum in 2012 I did not think the avatar name would be so frequently used. And as I was testing Orbx freeware airport YMLT on that day, I just used the name of that lovely restaurant nearby. 

21 hours ago, Stillwater said:

... to look at the entry of Cataract Gorge. Left of the bridge should be the famous Stillwater restaurant, at least the name should be well known to some. https://www.stillwater.com.au/

Well, I had never heard of that restaurant until now. Let me guess, the owner stole your name for his restaurant?

Edit: Just saw it was the other way around. ;)

When I entered this forum in 2012 I did not think the avatar name would be so frequently used. And as I was testing Orbx freeware airport YMLT on that day, I just used the name of that lovely restaurant nearby. 

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Well, I had never heard of that restaurant until now. Let me guess, the owner stole your name for his restaurant?

Edit: Just saw it was the other way around. ;)

Hahaha, nice comment Lars. Unfortunately they could not put a menu behind the link, you would not miss the establishment when you are in Launy - it is a must-see!

Archived