Touching the Bay of Fires

Stillwater

Today we go for another major tourist route along the east coast of Tasmania. From Friendly Beaches, where we stopped yesterday, ...

lqZFQYP.jpg

ovweYi0.jpg

... heading north, where the small access road meets the A3.

xcjZWi0.jpg

A look over the shoulder shows us Great Swanport and the Freycinet coast to the left.

8hR3NGI.jpg

Bicheno. A good place for Fish & Chips, Coffee and Sunrise watching.

lCoykgw.jpg

Work for the driver to cross Elephant Pass. Easier for the pilot...

lq5r7wh.jpg

St. Helens, beautifully located at a bay. For me this would be a good location for an Orbx airport as well.

16CGrtb.jpg

And if need be, one could include Binnalong Bay...

cLxv2Gx.jpg

... and the Bay of Fires.

cKfactI.jpg

A long and winding road leads us via Scottsdale...

MBmRyRD.jpg

... towards Launceston. Runway 32 to our right, sorry I can´t give you evidence of the landing today.

fBJPMbL.jpg

13 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Has anybody seen Martyn, btw?

I spoke to him last night for a couple of hours on Discord.  He's fine, busy raising birds, coping with the virus restrictions, and has been busy with other real world stuff.  I asked him to post here and he said he would when he gets a chance.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Beautiful shots Gerold! :) 

Thank you Adam!

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

5 hours ago, boetie said:

These are amazing Gerold. You've seen more of Oz than i have. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers

Graeme :)

I have seen enough to know I need to return :D. Thanks for your comment!

4 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Sweet shots, I saw you fly overhead , the same daft sod that did friendly beaches also did St Helens, maybe it got lost in all the repackaging.

cheers:lol:

Sorry for disturbing your weekend with my plane´s noise, Ken.

I do have the YSTH airstrip in my OZx packs, but the quality is still slightly lower than I would like to see (and pay for).

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Excellent shots!

Thank you Dario!

2 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Nice tripB)

You are welcome, Olivier.

2 hours ago, mikee said:

Very Nice shots Gerold , i like them all :)

Is this Carenado's  C-185 ?

Yes Mikee, it is the Carenado 185 (Tundra version). A lovely and easy-to-use low&slow machine.

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Great flying again, Gerold !

Danke Bernd!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Really nice flight and shots Gerold.

T´was my pleasure, Jack.

31 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Well, it's binnalong time I have seen such a great landscape. :P

Thanks for the compliment, lars. Did you click on the pictures to see them in full resolution?

31 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Has anybody seen Martyn, btw?

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I spoke to him last night for a couple of hours on Discord.  He's fine, busy raising birds, coping with the virus restrictions, and has been busy with other real world stuff.  I asked him to post here and he said he would when he gets a chance.

That´s good news, Jack. Thank you for staying in contact with him. In case you find the time send him my warmest greetings!

I see you have caught the Tasmania virus Gerold which many of us have suffered from in the past  - beware it is very strong and never really goes away :D lovely captures by the way and your sim is so perfectly set up for screenies!

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thank you for updating us. :) Greetings!

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I do have the YSTH airstrip in my OZx packs, but the quality is still slightly lower than I would like to see (and pay for).

PR was pretty shocking back then, when another sim comes out with all of Taz in photo real I might make a package of the tassie airstrips.

A very pleasant trip and at the end a wonderful bay ... the RL Bay of Fires seems a place great for long hike ... or to live :) many thanks !!

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:
15 hours ago, Stillwater said:

In case you find the time send him my warmest greetings!

Will do Gerold.

for me too please :)

10 hours ago, TerribleT said:

I see you have caught the Tasmania virus Gerold which many of us have suffered from in the past  - beware it is very strong and never really goes away :D 

At least this is a virus which the infected one truely enjoy.

10 hours ago, TerribleT said:

lovely captures by the way and your sim is so perfectly set up for screenies!

... and you may imagine how this looks in motion! I like it, keeping in mind my machine is now some years old.

6 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

PR was pretty shocking back then, when another sim comes out with all of Taz in photo real I might make a package of the tassie airstrips.

I like to read that idea, but I am not totally convinced of potential "sims to come". Let´s wait and see. Or, better: Let´s fly (with what we have) and see (what comes someday)!

2 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

That first one reminds me of a visit to Batchelor airstrip south of Darwin although not red.

Wait, Ben, wait... you are 3 posts away!

1 hour ago, Dario said:

Lovely set of shots!

Thank you Dario!

Archived