From Cradle to the Ocean

Stillwater

Ready for a little hike in the morning? Let´s go to Dove Lake under the iconic Cradle Mountain...

6ys1Swo.jpg

... and stop at the parking lot to walk around it.

sj0ZyEm.jpg

The weather may not look too fine, but this shot proofs there should be some more trees in the sim scenery.

jgu2kWA.jpg

At lunchtime it is a good idea to get back to Cradle airstrip...

XuhFnOI.jpg

... change the equipment...

erbZQtJ.jpg

... and follow C132 westwards.

lAnO45w.jpg

Passing Lake Mackintosh, ...

wl1T9zY.jpg

... and Zeehan...

4Fe9X9x.jpg

... on the way to Ocean Beach. Turn right here and your next landfall is Argentina.

S4PaOZW.jpg

But we are carefully flying downwind into Strahan.

RV2QzpY.jpg

OK, the old OZx airfield does not longer blend well into the AU scenery...

SS7BY4X.jpg

... but good enough to land and park.

MMGYJkH.jpg

No let´s go to the city for recharging.

QqiDqbB.jpg

2 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Nice catch seriesB)

Thank youOlivier...!

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

Great Tasmania ... And a fantastic place to hike too :) Thanks Gerold 

PS : upto the maybe future TE Tasmania, photoscenery by MSE is really well done to fly over these wonderful mountains

Merci Jean Marc. Have you been on the isle, too?

PS: Currently I am not keen to get TE or MSFS for Tasmania, I feel this would require a new computer before loading that.

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wonderful flight Gerold.  Too bad you couldn't air top some tree seedlings.

THAT is the idea we needed! Drop tree seeplings from a virtual plane (I would even buy the Agtruck for doing so) - just as we can use GSK to modify parameters at airports. When is someone going to realize this fantastic innovation :D???

1 hour ago, TerribleT said:

A different and beautiful set of captures as always my friend - can't wait for Teecee's reaction :D

You got it, TT. I think the houses in Strahan were added by TeeCee, OZx enthusiasm at its best.

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:
11 hours ago, jean marc said:

Merci Jean Marc. Have you been on the isle, too?

PS: Currently I am not

Yes I spent 1 week mostly hiking, along West Coast and near Cradle...about 25 years ago ! I flew from Philips Island to Wynward airfield...but I was not the pilot :lol: have you been there ?

(MSE2 is not requiring a very powerful computer in p3d4...maybe you could try by a demo ? I use it with a ROG G752VY with gtx980m ... But with ssd nvme !)

10 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Perfect location for a TE region, great post Gerold 

Thank you Ken. Maybe that would be a TEaser for me ... I would start saving for a new computer then...

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Splendid captures Gerold :)

Thanks Adam.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

You´re welcome, Iain!

37 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Yes I spent 1 week mostly hiking, along West Coast and near Cradle...about 25 years ago ! I flew from Philips Island to Wynward airfield...but I was not the pilot :lol: have you been there ?

(MSE2 is not requiring a very powerful computer in p3d4...maybe you could try by a demo ? I use it with a ROG G752VY with gtx980m ... But with ssd nvme !)

You had an amazing flight down there, obviously. I only did the connection in airliners between Melbourne and Launy. But, over the years, I have been on Philip Island, around Dove Lake and at Trowunna´s (not mentioning the east coast, more to follow).

On 4/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, Stillwater said:

over the years, I have been on Philip Island, around Dove Lake and at Trowunna´s (not mentioning the east coast, more to follow)

great trip ... and so you have seen the devil !! :) I saw only the penguins in Philips island...but I met many kangoos / walabies and made many friends - I had some food for them :lol:

8 minutes ago, jean marc said:

great trip ... and so you have seen the devil !! :) I saw only the penguins in Philips island...but I met many kangoos / walabies and made many friends - I had some food for them :lol:

The penguins we visited as well, but obviously it was forbidden to take pictures of them.

My first encounter with wallabies was in fact in a jet-lagged night at a hotel in Launceston: There was lots of noise in front of my balcony door. I got up, checked and saw many dwarfs on the golf ground. Only later I learned these were wallys...

Archived