KSBA Santa Barbara Channel Islands: Major Update!

6OEbVwi.jpg

Hi all,

The past month has been pretty rough, hope everyone is staying safe! Since we're all cooped up indoors and playing flight sims, I thought I'd take some time to finish up the Californian Channel Islands that never made it into the first version of Santa Barbara, so that you all have somewhere new to explore :)

This update adds over 700 square kilometers of new coverage to KSBA, more than doubling the original coverage area. It also adds 3 lite airstrips for you to land at. These airstrips are super fun and challenging to fly into, and are a nice short flight away from KSBA. Alternatively, you can load your flight at CA97 Cristy Airstrip, but the other two, you'll have to go and find them!

This will be released in the next couple of days. For all that have purchased KSBA already, hope this gives you something new and interesting to explore! For those that haven't, KSBA is still on discount until the 12th April, so make sure you don't miss out and pick up a copy here: orbxdirect.com/product/ksba

The update will be free for all customers, so as long as you have the product you'll be able to get it :) 

COVERAGE MAP

xXn5doA.jpg

SCREENSHOTS

AYY0DEg.jpg

xsDTQRE.jpg

orVJymd.jpg

oDgy1Zw.jpg

Y5ynlGP.jpg

Sf8e9YM.jpg

xY6WDLr.jpg

Cheers, Misha

Be aware of the regulations if you visit    ;)

15 CFR 922.72 Prohibited or otherwise regulated activities - Sanctuary-wide.

(a) Except as specified in paragraphs (b) through (e) of this section, the following activities are prohibited and thus unlawful for any person to conduct or cause to be conducted:

(7) Disturbing marine mammals or seabirds by flying motorized aircraft at less than 1,000 feet over the waters within one nautical mile of any Island, except to engage in kelp bed surveys or to transport persons or supplies to or from an Island. Failure to maintain a minimum altitude of 1,000 feet above ground level over such waters is presumed to disturb marine mammals or seabirds.

(13) Operating a motorized personal watercraft within waters of the Sanctuary that are coextensive with the Channel Islands National Park, established by 16 U.S.C. 410(ff).

yYMqHfW.jpg

This is awesome!  Thanks, Misha!

And for fans of the 70's TV show Baa Baa Black Sheep, the eastern end of Santa Cruz Island can be seen in the closing credits of each episode as the Corsairs fly over it.

image.thumb.png.62e1a5e7302406f12b3f43ebaa839bec.png

Thanks very much all! Should be released fairly soon :)

14 hours ago, rhalunen said:

Thank You Misha!

Not to be too greedy but is there any chance that the oil rig platforms just offshore from Santa Barbara will be included?

Thanx,

R

I didn't have a chance to get around to these, sorry!

On 4/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, jordancollins said:

Thanks! Any updates to the actual SBA airport itself?

I fly there a lot! 

No updates to the airport itself in this.

Cheers

Fantastic ! Once again it's a proof of a super custommer support. I don't regret having bought all of your american, new zealand and numerous european products. Hope you'll be embedded in the FS2020 adventure. Thanks again to the whole team. Takes care of yourself and of your loved ones.

12 hours ago, paddler said:

So I have just completed a flight in my Aerosoft Twin Otter landing at all "4" landing strips that I have located. Great fun, beautiful scenery Misha. There are three on Santa Cruz Island alone.

the 3rd one is just N of Smugglers Cove?   There's a strip on San Miguel as well.

@Misha Cajic I'd placed all the SBA oil rigs for FSX + helicopter hops, and it still works for P3D - but it uses the default MS models which are pretty high poly and not very friendly. I can either give you the scenery or the coordinates for all the rigs if that helps. I still have the documentation somewhere ;) 

It's fun for helicopters and does help the area feel more realistic when you're flying into SBA.

Also - great job on the update!  ;) 

SBA.jpg

This is very exciting--thanks and looking forward to it!

Have the structures and lighthouse on Anacapa Island gotten an overhaul as well? I've photographed it before and it's a lovely, desolate spot (and it would certainly be an interesting challenge to attempt a landing there).

IMG_2024.jpg

Archived