X-Plane 11.50 is out.

As the title says. I have two copies installed and one is for Betas so as 11.50 is Beta i updated to it and the difference in performance is amazing withe the Vulkan technology it uses instead of Open GL.

With like for like settings and clouds etc my frame rate has doubled.

Pretty impressive.

Yes and I have been playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint which you can now play using Vulcan for a few days now and it is I find better as before especially in the snowy mountains regions it used to crash quite a bit. I also use Xplane but will wait awhile before I update it to Vulkan for now, but it’s good to hear that it seems to work ok. Thanks Derek.

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the simulator does indeed load with Orbx scenery but there can be error reports.

Is that what you mean?

Hi Nick

This might be useful to other members. Initially I was encountering problems loading Orbx scenery

I then changed the way I was accessing the folder where I have Central store all my scenery. I have not had any issues since, and as near as I can tell

it looks identical to the scenery loaded in version 11.41r1 which is my default location.

If you look in Custom Scenery in your default location (11.41r1 in my case) you will see what appear to be many shortcuts to various files. It is my understanding that these are actually

junction points , which is like a shortcut but links the folder transparently to the Central folder which I use. As far as XPlane 11.41r1 is concerned, all these files are deemed to be in the Custom Scenery folder, even though they are not.

Ic1TkNz.png

So what I did is to right click on each one and create a shortcut. Since it looks identical to the jp , I use windows explorer to indicate files created today , selected them all and cut them.

I then went to my Vulkan Folder where XPlane 11.50 is located and pasted all these shortcuts into the Custom Scenery folder.  Start 11.50 and all these shortcuts are then loaded in the scenery_packs.ini file and XPlane 11.50 seems to be quite happy with no scenery errors or missing files.

In the following screenshots my Orbx Central folder for all my scenery is on my G drive, my original 11.41r1 is on my E drive and my Vulkan 11.50 installation is on my F drive, but it all seems to happily play together

BFRwysO.png

My Vulkan scenery_packs.ini file

Qmz8rw0.png

Hope this may be of help

Cheers

Pete

On 4/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the simulator does indeed load with Orbx scenery but there can be error reports.

Is that what you mean?

The sim crashes during loading when any Orbx airports are enabled. TE scenery itself seems to work fine.

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Have you added the Orbx X Plane 11 Libraries?

Yes I've tried multiple times to re-install, verify files etc. but as soon as I add any Orbx airports on top of TE Washington in 11.50, it refuses to load. That's both with Vulkan and regular OpenGL.

Same here. Sometimes loads with errors, Sometimes crashes to desktop. I read elsewhere that Orbx devs are already aware and are working on a fix in the next libraries release. But I've been unable to confirm that. So if that's the case, it's appreciated. If that's not the case, what's the official way of making Orbx folks aware of the problems? Not looking for support, per see, just a way of reporting the issue.

Best,

Marshall 

My experience to date is that in Open GL I have improved FPS and I can fly from default airports in Orbx PNW and TE GB south to Orbx airports I have installed but if I try to start at Orbx airports in these regions my system crashes. Using Vulkan my system constantly crashes, hopefully the bugs will be resolved in the final release.

Archived