On 4/1/2020 at 12:02 PM, Ken Hall said:

Good to see your still  around Trev, you chopper skills will make all those virtual sightseers very happy.

Thanks Ken. Boulder city looks fantastic. Unfortunately I have been out of work for 3 weeks and the future is not looking certain so it puts the brakes on new scenery for now.

I've still got those old green and yellow dodo paints we used to fly back in the day. :)

21 minutes ago, TreeTops said:

Thanks Ken. Boulder city looks fantastic. Unfortunately I have been out of work for 3 weeks and the future is not looking certain so it puts the brakes on new scenery for now.

I've still got those old green and yellow dodo paints we used to fly back in the day. :)

Time for a papillon Grand Canyon repaint.

Hope things improve for you soon, this virus is turning into quite a calamity. Lucky for me I work from home.

stay safe mate 

cheers

Ken.

Very cool video!

Maybe a silly question but is this Orbx Boulder City scenery package compatible with FlyTampa Las Vegas?   I ask because it would be great to take a flight out of North Las Vegas Airport (KVLT) down to Boulder, something I did many years ago in the real world.

And I remember that you say this package includes some of the Las Vegas area.

Do the two work together? 

Thank you,

Regards,

Lee.

15 minutes ago, BAW9DV said:

Very cool video!

Maybe a silly question but is this Orbx Boulder City scenery package compatible with FlyTampa Las Vegas?   I ask because it would be great to take a flight out of North Las Vegas Airport (KVLT) down to Boulder, something I did many years ago in the real world.

And I remember that you say this package includes some of the Las Vegas area.

Do the two work together? 

Thank you,

Regards,

Lee.

Completely compatible.  No modifications necessary.

5 hours ago, BAW9DV said:

Hi Lee, I did some testing with both during development and didn't find any issues. The only thing you might notice is a bit of a performance dip as the Vegas airport/strip models come into view - for me they kicked in on the western edge of the Boulder coverage area, but this will depend on your scenery draw distance settings in P3D. 

Cheers,

On 4/24/2020 at 2:36 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi Lee, I did some testing with both during development and didn't find any issues. The only thing you might notice is a bit of a performance dip as the Vegas airport/strip models come into view - for me they kicked in on the western edge of the Boulder coverage area, but this will depend on your scenery draw distance settings in P3D. 

Cheers,

Jarrad,

Ok, today I bought it!   What a fantastic product!!   Amazing!!  Well done sir!   Bloody 'ell its  a good job we have developers like you around !! :-)

I'm currently taking time out from my airline flights and learning to fly helicopters, now that I have a Logitech Pro Joystick and pedals.   I opted for the Milviz MD 530F Helicopter and I can now fairly confidently fly her.  Even my "spot" landings are getting better!   And what better way to explore this amazing scenery area!   

My ex-wife works for the Airlines and when we were together, we vacationed in Las Vegas almost every year for some 15 years - even took the kids when they were young.   We used to rent houses, always with a swimming pool (you need one as temperatures in the Summer always hit the high 100's!!) and, having flown into Los Angeles from London the day before and having spent the night in a hotel close to LAX, we would leave Los Angeles in the early morning and head east on InterState 10, then north of InterState 15 in the rental car and through the desert and into the sunrise.

Often we would stop off at Denny's restaurant in either Barstow or Baker (the latter boasts the tallest Thermometer in the world!) for breakfast (their American Slam was my favourite with orange juice and black coffee!) before continuing north towards the State Line.   I always wondered what Calico's Ghost Town as like to visit!  Then there was that crazy road sign we would pass as we drove through the desert - ZZYZX ROAD ......

We would get into 'Vegas around mid morning and into our rented house.

On the agenda for our visit?   Mount Charleston, often some 25 degrees cooler up there in the Summer time and just a 30 minute drive northwest out of the city on highway 95.   We take a picnic lunch and enjoy the pine forests;   Then out to Boulder City where my wife wanted to see the Indian jewellery and then out to the Hoover Dam, where we would cross to the Arizona side and stop for a soda at the top parking lot;   Then down to Lake Mead for a swim and later to feed popcorn to the Carp at Lake Las Vegas Marina!!

And my son likes McDonalds so on the way back we stop in Boulder for a burger lunch.   Sometimes I got to go to Carl's Junior (love their Terkyaki burger!!)

I always find myself wanting to visit all the airports in the area, so I would go up to North Las Vegas Air Terminal (KVGT) and have coffee on the roof terrace, watching the Scenic Airlines planes heading off to the Grand Canyon;   Then of course Boulder Muni; and at dusk, we would take the car and park on Paradise Road, just south of Runway 26L at  McCareen International to watch the proceedings.

I apologise for rambling on, but hope someone else out there shares the same memories ........ very happy memories for me!! 

Thank you for bringing these memories back to me again - and for this stunning scenery!   It is worth twice the money!

Kind regards,

Lee

West Sussex UK

9 hours ago, BAW9DV said:

Ok, today I bought it!   What a fantastic product!!   Amazing!!  Well done sir!   Bloody 'ell its  a good job we have developers like you around !! :-)

Thanks for the kind words Lee, though I can't take any credit whatsoever - this project is all the work of the very talented @Ken Hall :)

Cheers

12 hours ago, BAW9DV said:

I apologise for rambling on, but hope someone else out there shares the same memories ........ very happy memories for me!! 

Thank you for bringing these memories back to me again - and for this stunning scenery!

Thaks Lee, what a pleasure to read your story, life is made up of moments, really glad our scenery jogged some of those for you. we develop scenery ecause we love doing it , the money helps pay the bills , but comments like yours feed the soul. great you flying choppers, may you have many hours exploring .

cheers

Ken:)

Guys,

Jarad, thanks for clearing it up - I thought you were the developer on this one......

Ken, what can I say?  Well done sir!  yes, its awesome!   And I have just flown the JetStar JQ81 Airbus A320 flight out of Adelaide and on to Darwin, enjoying the interior of Australia v2.   Great work on this ...

Now - how about doing Roveniemi (EFRO)?   You guys seem to have an interest in places north of the Arctic Circle and there are lots of flights heading here in the December Santa Claus event! :-)

Take care,

Regards,

Lee

Archived