LCAfrica Mesh and Cairo Airport

Mithras

Is this normal? I have a big cliff on the northern edge of HECA. I can’t remember ever seeing it before. I’ve disabled HECA in Vector, but no change. I have searched my systems for all HECA AFCADS but nothing sprang up. 

I’m not at my computer at the moment, so no screenshot unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Carlos

The mesh is by Orbx and is included in the product and can be found in the scenery library.

That's a lot Doug

As LC products usually don't bring much configuration I had not realized that, I have not checked.

It happens that I already had a mesh for Africa the FreeMeshX Global 2.0 one.

This means I have both enabled

Do you know which one is the best to keep? as I think I have to disable either one, right?

Regards,

Carlos

7 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Carlos

You can leave them both active and the simulator will always just use the highest resolution mesh that it finds.

Excellent!

Thanks a lot Doug, very much appreciated

Cheers

This seems to be the relevant topic atm.

According to Doug, even if my FreeMeshX 2.0 is below the OpenLC Africa (as the attached pic shows),  using 5 m mesh resolution would mean that P3Dv4 will use FreeMeshX 2.0 (38 m resolution) over the Orbx Africa Mesh (76 m resolution). If i understood it correctly

image.png.26069f316429c876f67995515a0076fb.png

Hello,

exactly, it does not matter where added mesh is placed in the scenery library, if there is mesh for

the same place, the simulator will use the highest resolution.

This is not necessarily a good thing to do as when flying from a lower resolution area into a higher

resolution area, or vice versa, the scenery will be seen to shift before your eyes.

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

This is not necessarily a good thing to do as when flying from a lower resolution area into a higher

resolution area, or vice versa, the scenery will be seen to shift before your eyes.

I see, recently i have been experiencing blue lines even after i re-installed P3D. It seems to occur due to this scenery shifting, something like the image I attached. as i move closer to a mountain its mesh resolution increases too. 

unknown.png  

This was after departing LOWI after trying to make the blue line tears less visible.

unknown.png?width=1442&height=412

This video i made with Vanilla P3D shows this issue too (https://youtu.be/Ct4KHOjs71U). As i move closer to the blue tears they go away as the scenery shifts.

I know its not relevant to this original topic, but in relation to what you said that i quoted. 

I’m not sure why you would not disable the mesh with the lowest resolution. 

Regarding the original post - does everyone have a dramatic cliff north of Cairo Intl? When I disable Freemesh and Africa mesh and my payware airport, it persists. It persists with any and all combinations of those three add-ons.

• 1 month later...

I see Cairo Intl. this way: A little depression , but you can still land it (and imagine these are sand dunes...)

MdpuNVD.jpg

What is more troublesome is the elevation of the GSX/SODE jetways at HECA:

i0IqaPT.jpg

No major issue (passengers are used to be treated rude by airlines today), but that´s how I see it.

Archived