Ongoing FTX / SCA Issues - Duplicate files

bhorv67

This issue is really frustrating. Every time I launch FTX, duplicate file names are created for other Orbx airports I own, such as KSAN, KPSP, KSBA. I keep these areas disabled and yet FTX will install duplicate bgl files. I believe this has been reported many times, and the issue persists. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am. And then if I have to verify files in any of these regions, the 'off' files are installed again. This is happening to Orbx airports as well as other devs.

As an example, I noticed default KSAN has a notation (this was done very recently) in the SoCal region that KSAN has been 'disabled-by-ksan', but other Orbx regions in this area are not (KSBA, KPSP). 

Hello,

are there are two things happening here, or one please?

You originally stated that "Every time I launch FTX, duplicate file names are created for other Orbx airports I own".

Are you referring to FTX Central, which can rename files that have the extension ".off" simply when it runs or

are you referring to Orbx Central, which is a different program and Orbx Central adding back in files that you have renamed

but only when you run Verify files?

Hello,

that is inevitable, as the purpose of Verify files is to replace any missing files.

One solution would be to remove the files to another location.

In the event of a file verification, copy the files back in and while they are selected, delete them.

Running verify files is intended to be a troubleshooting measure and, as you are finding, can disturb

any changes that have been made.

Understood, thanks. My point was that Orbx KSAN is recognized by Orbx central in SCA, and even flags the 'off' files by notating 'disabled-by-KSAN', and are NOT reinstalled when 'verify' is run. So it is possible to do this. I'm asking that other Orbx airports that reside in Orbx regions (KSBA, KPSP, etc...) are disabled in the same way. 

Archived