Second red-eye in a row

Stillwater

Directly following the previous night flight...

... I added flight SQ227 Singapore-Melbourne to test the full virtual exhaustion.

RlloXB5.jpg

6K2HU6D.jpg

18 minutes after takeoff the equator is crossed and the lucky ones anong the passengers fall asleep.

W1X4v7y.jpg

Not much to see from the continent; even over Adelaide it is still night.

CPjm5BZ.jpg

But soon the sun sets, ...

Vy0428r.jpg

... and one could spot Birdcage Reserve.

dCsBagF.jpg

Good morning, Victoria!

Pn38RQ3.jpg

It took me some time to load the autogen of Melbourne.

Ks0aOtM.jpg

At least landing worked well.

9lKDxw9.jpg

But I can´t say this is a welcoming weather!

CHFeDIy.jpg

UvXBj95.jpg

Wonderful voyage, Gerold! You seem to like Australia best of all places. Understandably, Melbourne and Sydney are among the most beautiful places in P3D (I bet in reality, too).

PMDG is working on an update to the 777, several be about to come when I understood it correctly. I can't wait actually.

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

3 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Beautiful seriesB)
It often happens, you come back from vacation and upon arrival "hooray it's raining:D

Oh how I like these weather issues. Anyway, better than arriving in vacation and finding the rain there!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You always post the coolest real world shots Gerold.

Hahaha, thanks Jack. As real as Orbx gets!

4 hours ago, Boss1 said:

Nice set! Wish PMDG would add rain effects to the VC on the 777.

Thanks for watching & commenting, mate. Not a big thing to add, if you look at other planes...

3 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Wonderful voyage, Gerold! You seem to like Australia best of all places. Understandably, Melbourne and Sydney are among the most beautiful places in P3D (I bet in reality, too).

You are right, Lars. I really like Australia. Whyever.

3 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

PMDG is working on an update to the 777, several be about to come when I understood it correctly. I can't wait actually.

Interesting to hear that. Looking forward!

Nice shots!

I did a short haul B737 YMML to YSCB early yesterday morning (about the same time as you arrived by the look of it). And in AS real weather - yes it was raining again. (R27)

You seem to need to get familiar with wet runway performance in Melbourne (or as they say down there - just wait 5 minutes you will get another season :) )

(Note for self: Duck for cover as Victorian members read this)

Aussie

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Stellar set of shots Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam! Did you recognize some of the stars depicted :D?

8 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Nice shots!

I did a short haul B737 YMML to YSCB early yesterday morning (about the same time as you arrived by the look of it). And in AS real weather - yes it was raining again. (R27)

You seem to need to get familiar with wet runway performance in Melbourne (or as they say down there - just wait 5 minutes you will get another season :) )

(Note for self: Duck for cover as Victorian members read this)

Aussie

Indeed ActiveSky does a great job with the impression and - obviously - the reproducability. And the mix of seasons happens here as well these days, between sunshine in the upper 10°C´s and (light) snowfall.

Archived