All through the night

Stillwater

I started this trip already before our travel focus was readjusted towards Africa... but I´ll finish and post this virtual holiday before I go on to the motherland. Let us first put on some music, as these are going to be some red-eye flights...

Not much to see when we start with Swiss 815 from Hanover (departure at 20:45 h) ...

PBhm9eO.jpg

... to Zurich, ...

JFwwPVn.jpg

HrjG9Du.jpg

... terminals A.

eQgvA0u.jpg

After changing to terminal E and from Airbus to Boeing, we are ready to board Swiss 176.

gu0mFRl.jpg

Departure time is 22:45 h, we´ll have a quick drink before trying to sleep!

9AdVYAl.jpg

UQ8vZUJ.jpg

The day starts over Afghanistan, proving how a sim looks like with no descent landclass.

QZft9FB.jpg

The Indus river in Pakistan.

2RxVxdF.jpg

Hours later we descend along the Malaysian coast...

lDpcszz.jpg

LJtjcWB.jpg

... and next to Malakka city.

4l7zSsF.jpg

Typical clouds build up near the Equator...

pbLJysQ.jpg

zeUZCZb.jpg

... and keep the airport hidden while entering into final.

ukR24OD.jpg

The classical afternoon rain around 5 pm...

AnT0wJd.jpg

... at Singapore. Time for a shower and another flight!

2owNRSI.jpg

KGsoGPp.jpg

On 3/29/2020 at 2:26 PM, lifejogger said:

Enjoyed the flight and shots Gerold!!!!!!!!  We do not see this par of the world very often.

Thank you John. Well, not much to see in the night and Asia is not shown here often indeed - for cause, as yet.

On 3/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, schtroumf said:

Nice screenshot, I like the ones at nightB)

Thanks mate! You know (from Madagascar...) that night shots only show a bit of the fascination - but I had no choice, as I followed the real flight plan. So I am glad you like them!

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice flight and shots Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam!

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing long distance shots Gerold!

Sometimes you have to fly long distance, and I mostly work my virtual way from region to region this way...

13 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Singapore was really your best investment, it seems. ;) Very nice flight and I'm glad that some of the landclass pics are from Asia, not from Africa (I looked at the pictures before reading the description). Well done. :)

Singapore always is a good investment, also when you are flying into the region in reality.

The limits of no-landclass are really obvious in Asia, and that pain is not getting smaller. I am unsure if I will follow the business models rumouring around MSFS2020, so I´d trust what we have.

10 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Very nice shots Gerold

The only person I've seen doing such long flight is Captain Lars :D

I hardly flight at night (get desperate for not being able to see anything)

Let me check part two

Cheers

Carlos

Gracias Carlos for your great comments. If we fly these distances in real life, why not try it in the sim... and I share the plane with @Captain Lars !

Nevertheless, some really looong flights are done these days to bring stranded travellers back home. For example this one with our beloved 777:

https://onemileatatime.com/austrian-airlines-australia-flight/ 

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Gracias Carlos for your great comments. If we fly these distances in real life, why not try it in the sim... and I share the plane with @Captain Lars !

Nevertheless, some really looong flights are done these days to bring stranded travellers back home. For example this one with our beloved 777:

Thanks Gerold, agreed

Wow that was a long flight :o

We had the visit of a 787 form El Al for the first time in life to repatriate the Israelites. The plane was picking up from different countries. It came from Houston

We had in one day this lovely caravan

W9o1zn9.jpg

Cheers

Carlos

15 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Very nice shots Gerold

The only person I've seen doing such long flight is Captain Lars :D

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Ah, you make me want to long haul again...

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Thanks Gerold, agreed

Wow that was a long flight :o

We had the visit of a 787 form El Al for the first time in life to repatriate the Israelites. The plane was picking up from different countries. It came from Houston

Thanks, so crazy and sad at the same time.

Archived