2 versions of Orbx Central show on PC

DaveRuk

Hi, just looking for some guidance regarding Orbx Central versions on PC. Background is I have encountered ChasePlane issues since migrating to the new approach via Orbx Central v4.1.1.
In digging deeper I've noticed a mismatch of version information in that Central shows ChasePlane installed as v1.1.69, whereas the actual product shows v1.1.72.

I've raised this with Keven and await an update regarding the specific issue of the Parallel42 product version mismatch.

The Orbx Central question...
In the process of looking into this I have also noticed that my PC which is running Orbx Central v4.1.1 also seems to think that v4.0.33 still exists, partly at least via some registry info. Windows CP and 3rd party app installers show both versions as existing on my PC.

In trying to resolve the main ChasePlane problem I am considering the following approach. Yes the core issue is ChasePlane but Orbx Central is implicated also so please bear with me!

The main query is to confirm that uninstalling Orbx Central will not affect my raft of Orbx scenery products, and that it is just an interface to manage them.

If that is true, my thinking is to:
-Use Orbx Central v4.1.1 to uninstall all my Parallel42 products

-Uninstall both versions of Orbx Central my PC thinks are present, as described above

-Check that the registry data I've seen for both versions of Orbx Central is no longer present, and if needs be use a 3rd party tool such as IObit to remove those entries

-Reboot

-Reinstall the latest version of Orbx Central, then proceed to reload my Parallel42 products, hoping this may resolve the problem I have there.

Orbx product purchase transaction ID: 592aaa3ddf95f

kind regards

Dave

Operating system:  Windows 10/64 home

Simulator:   P3D v4.5 Academic (all modules)

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Multiple versions of Central show on PC/uninstall process  and ChasePlane cam transition judder (which I've reported to Keven)

central.log

Thanks for the reply Nick. I’m unsure why I have run into the issue I have, and am clutching at straws to avoid a full rebuild, given this one is only 2 months old! I’m glad you agree in this aspect though, as it makes sense to eliminate any oddities, with fingers crossed! 

You've answered the key aspect about it still being ok to remove Central without impact to my scenery installs, so Thankyou for that.

The ChasePlane version issue caught my attention, and I’m hopeful that Keven might spot something in that via the query I’ve raised on the Parallel42 support system. 

all the best

Dave

Hi Dave,

ChasePlane often receives frequent updates as it runs its own independent update system.

Because of this, the "actual" ChasePlane version is newer than the version Orbx Central installs. That said, every time you run ChasePlane, it will ensure you are up-to-date.

We do have plans to make this less confusing in the future. Until then, you can safely ignore the version number in Central.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:08 AM, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Dave,

ChasePlane often receives frequent updates as it runs its own independent update system.

Because of this, the "actual" ChasePlane version is newer than the version Orbx Central installs. That said, every time you run ChasePlane, it will ensure you are up-to-date.

We do have plans to make this less confusing in the future. Until then, you can safely ignore the version number in Central.

Hi Ben

via Parallel42, Keven has confirmed the version mismatch I saw is not something to be concerned about, but thanks for your info also!

Kind regards

Dave

Archived