Another new plane, another new airport

Stillwater

In order not to stop learning, I used the current sale and purchased the DA62 with G1000. And I have zero experience to use this G1000...

At least I do have some experience at the airport of East Midlands, having travelled often enough from there...

XpyWTxu.jpg

... on the way from office to office.

dvaKVQp.jpg

Looking sharp.

XkINJku.jpg

Birmingham is the alternative airport for travels to Nottingham.

OCcuWmP.jpg

Milton Keynes. Didn´t they build the lovely litte Aston Martins down there?

rMqwppY.jpg

Arriving in the performance grave #3: London. (I call Seattle and Barcelona the other two.)

NM3twUB.jpg

xthQl2T.jpg

The only significant industry that is left in England, so-called "financial industry". Optimizing their Excel sheets and algorithms.

FGw3dIt.jpg

My setting shows big waves when I come close to water surfaces. Which means London City airport confuses me a bit. And the ILS is a real challenge with this steep angle!

pSEVpc3.jpg

But now I am ready to explore the bars around. Virtually, as this happens to be these days...

7xxDTDD.jpg

Sorry for using repeating perspectives. That just shows how much I struggled with use of the plane :banghead:.

Very nice flight, Gerold. I'm also not too familiar yet with the G1000.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Arriving in the performance grave #3: London. (I call Seattle and Barcelona the other two.)

Wasn't Melbourne also an FPS hog?

nice shots, great looking plane, ope you get on well with the G1000, sometimes you can have the tech as back up but you don't have to use it. Me I love learning new tech and I am always surprised after a dozen or so flights new stuff normally feels quite natural and like I have been using it for years....

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain!

11 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Nice set Gerold. At least you've found how to get the G1000 to the "track up" setting instead of the default "North up". :)

That was more by chance, Ben. I already struggeled to get the flight plan programmed, and then the engines failed due to icing, and I could not catch the APPR...

11 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Nice captures, I like the last one with all openB)

Thank you mate. That was one of the easier parts of the flight.

10 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Very nice flight, Gerold. I'm also not too familiar yet with the G1000.

Wasn't Melbourne also an FPS hog?

You are right Bernd, but not as hard as the other mentioned ones. At least on my rig...

6 hours ago, adambar said:

That will give you something to do Gerold. :D  I like to hand fly old school without a GPS sometimes as well.

That is the fallback which we all can practice since the early days of simming. Good to do even with jetliners.

6 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shots, great looking plane, ope you get on well with the G1000, sometimes you can have the tech as back up but you don't have to use it. Me I love learning new tech and I am always surprised after a dozen or so flights new stuff normally feels quite natural and like I have been using it for years....

I love learning new tech as well, but you also have to practice it from time to time then... we´ll see.

6 hours ago, renault said:

I like these a lot Gerold.

You have a fantastic eye for perspective!

Cheers

Pete

Merci Pete. This plane was very inviting regading the looks - just a nice design!

6 hours ago, mikee said:

Very nice shots Gerold :)

Thank you Mikee!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fine shots Gerold. If you ever need help with the G1000 let me know.

Thanks Jack. Currently I need so much help the data lines over the Atlantic would be overloaded with my questions to you. I´ll better do a little more trial and error, before I return with only the peak of the iceberg of questions to you!

3 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. Wonderful narrative. Fraid that thing ain't gonna do it for the Mules. No room for Hilda:rolleyes::D 

Well, the plane is a bit too clean to be used in Alaska. On the other hand it has 3 rows of seats, could be enough for T-Bone, Hilda and the brave pilot?!

Archived