preview Willkommen Vienna! introducing Vienna International airport [P3Dv4]

7 minutes ago, The Merowinger said:

Will it be kompatibel with Austria Pro? Out of the box, without things like deactivating files etc.?

According to the announcement, yes: "Perfectly blends with Orbx Global, openLC Europe, Austria Professional and others for a seamless experience."

Kind regards, Michael

15 minutes ago, The Merowinger said:

Will it be kompatibel with Austria Pro? Out of the box, without things like deactivating files etc.?

Yes- Vienna Airport is Perfectly blends with Austria Professional. 

It's going to be very simple- you could chose what version you would like to run at dedicated Control Panel inside Orbx Central.

9 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

Instant buy and hopefully we see this and other Orbx airports in msfs 2020 too.

8 hours ago, YoYo said:

Nice looking airport, I was there. 

5 hours ago, rick66 said:

Looking forward to this one... Nice work GAYA Team

thanks for the great words and support! 

• Like 1

I was there about 1972. Always remember getting off the plane, wandered thru passport control (just waved the passport), picked up the bags, and walked out for a cab! How things change. It is a nice airport, to fly in to. Will be getting this one. Don't remember the schnitzel, but loved the coffee and the pastries.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:40 AM, chifan90 said:

where is x-plane's version? and why did x-plane dev focus on a smaller airport and putting Vienna in the back seat?  

There is an XP version as well. It will announce soon and will release together or really short after the P3D version (24-48 hours later). FYI we developed both separately from bottom up and its not port of the other sim but pure original development!

• Like 1

I can't say I understand this...

I love Orbx and all your products, but why do you choose to release such an airport, already done by another great developer?  Instead of buying a new airport for a place I don't have that has not been done (or at least not done in quality) I now either don't buy it or have the same location twice...

Sorry, but I just don't get it...

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

I can't say I understand this...

I love Orbx and all your products, but why do you choose to release such an airport, already done by another great developer?  Instead of buying a new airport for a place I don't have that has not been done (or at least not done in quality) I now either don't buy it or have the same location twice...

Sorry, but I just don't get it...

I have always wondered too how developers choose to do their airports.

This happens with several developers. Some airports have even three versions in the market..and you face three things:

01.- Is currently one I have updated and good quality?

02.- Should I drop the old one for a new one and simply loose the money? When quality is outstanding I think one can easily do this

03.- Having bought a product (not this one) and then finding out one is to be launched with superior quality gives a bad sensation, such as, oh If I knew this was coming I would have waited, so you feel like spending money. It would be great if all projects would be announced by all developers, so we can hold and chose.

It is indeed strange that being so many airports missing yet some developers decide to do existing ones. I do would like to know the motivation for doing so if possible.

When released I'll have to decide on this but so far the product looks amazing very tempting and I hate blanks in my Central.

For the future, what about Santorini? 

Istambul? Middle East?

Something for Africa, many people is searching for airports here and is an opportunity gone for Orbx for having none. I know this is Gaya but same here, now both are seen as part of the same family.

Something for Latin America for which the Land Class was launched long ago and is totally abandoned

I wish there could be a sort of forum, page or so where people can do the airport requests and that based on the amount of requests this airport would be done. It will be really nice and the customers would feel "heard".

Just a point of view

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, beat578 said:

Amazing. Another one to save for...

Thanks!

---------------------------

As for how we chose airport/scenery to make- it's very interesting process and I have "answers" to all of your questions actually. 

I think ill write a post about it at the near future!

• Thanks 1

Raz, one Question: There is a new huge (and great) Vienna scenery out just a few days ago, will you make it compatible to that one? Or the other way round, how much of the city itself will be included with the airport?

@beat578 

Unfortunately our Vienna airport will not blend with that addon. It has just been released a week or 2 ago so it's not realistic. 

Gaya Vienna cover very big area include the airport (of course :) ) the big refienrey north-west to the airport towards the Vienna city center (we already modeled it) and the immidiet area around the aiprort (include nice farm, industrial areas and the fields nearby). It's blend perfectly with FTX and Austria Professional East (user choice via control panel).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1