Not seeing NA AI Traffic

I'm in P3D v4.5 hotfix 2.  Over the last year I have been flying Orbx scenery from Alaska to Southern Calif. enjoying the Orbx AI traffic that is part of those areas.  Now I have started to fly the East Coast from Canada to Florida stopping at both my Orbx Payware and Freeware airports so installed the Orbx North America General Aviation for P3D v4, but I've lost the GA traffic.  I use UTLive for airliner traffic only, but have virtually no GA traffic.  After reading the various posts I thought it might be the AU traffic I also installed at the same time...so uninstalled that per the directions...no help.  I noted in one post how to reactivate the P3D traffic so did that to get my GA traffic back.

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled, the Orbx NA GA traffic twice but no help either.  I also looked at my Scenery/World/scenery folder and find I have "Traffic_ORBX_NRM_GA.bgl",  "Traffic_ORBX_PFJ_GA.bgl", and  "Traffic_ORBX_SCA_GA_FSX.bgl" so expected to see something like "Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic.bgl"...or something like that...but no.  I do have a file "Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic Off File.bgl.OFF" and "Traffic_FTX NA Large Business Jets Off File.bgl.OFF"  and don't know if that means the NA AI is turned off...it's active in my Control Panel.  I also find all the FTX aircraft in my Sim Object/Aircraft folder so know it was installed.

Would sure like to get those Orbx aircraft back on the East Coast.  Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Garry

Hello, Garry.  I think the easy answer is that the Orbx NA GA package only shows up in the Pacific Northwest, i.e., Oregon, Washington, and those areas of Canada also included in the Pacific Northwest.  Therefore, you won't see any of that GA out on the East Coast, or anywhere else in Eastern Canada or the US South and Midwest.  Hope this helps until perhaps @Nick Cooper and/or @Doug Sawatzky can offer some more advice.

Thanks guys...guess I misunderstood what was meant by "Orbx Regions and airports".  I did read the user guide and these statements (see below) I understood to mean I would see the Orbx traffic on the East Coast as I am visiting all of the payware (that I have) and many of the freeware Orbx airports (which I have the full set) along the East Coast:

From the User Guide:

"FTX NA Regions and airports released from 2013 on will include flight plans linked to the AI aircraft in this package. That will enable the GA AI coverage to grow as you add more Regions and NA airports to your P3D V4".

and,

"Many FTX Airports released prior to 2013 have included a Traffic file to provide a few Cessnas or Beechs etc. as AI traffic using the P3D default aircraft. The FTX NA GA AI TRAFFIC pack now incorporates those traffic files using much more efficient P3D V4 AI specific aircraft models."

Just me interpreting those statements incorrectly and expecting much more traffic on the East Coast...like I saw out West.

Garry

Archived