ESKS floating ramp

Neil

Hello!

This airport needs the latest client version or there will be elevation issues where objects disappear and the airport gets elevation issues.

please check in the simulator so it has the latest download-able version installed. Please note that you will only need to update the client in that case and not completely reinstall the simulator :)

For this airport it turned out to be super important to have the latest patch installed (unlike for ESGG) so please check that first.

if not, we will of course continue troubleshooting but these exact issues came up in testing and every time it was just a few minor steps behind the latest client version.

cheers

marcus

Resolved, re-installed 4.5, went from 4.5.12.30293 to 4.5.13.32097. You are quite correct that the platform needs to be current, even if there is nothing on the bug that seems relevant.

Thanks

Neil

Hi, Mauricio. To check version, in P3d, under Help, there is "About P3D", this will display your current version. The Current P3D version 4.5.13.32097.

Hope this helps, will check back, now for supper.

Neil

Marcus, could there be a solution found for people like me, who don't want the HF2 installed ?

Indeed I also have elevation issues with ESKS running with just HF1.

To be honest, on the sales page the version number required could have been highlighted or described to be utmost important for the scenery to function properly.

Personally I never look at that, my bad perhaps, but a clear warning would have been pleasant.

Hi! 

Im sorry you are experiencing issues. The elevation file is quite crucial and for some reason there seems to be issues when not having the latest client. Not sure how to make a workaround for that im sorry.

If i come across a solution for earlier versions im of course happy to implement that. Ill keep my eyes open.

may i ask why you wont install the latest hf?

Hi Marcus,

Reading the several problems users have (have had) with HF2 on various forums incl. Orbx, have made me decide to not install this one.

I am not in for problems at this moment (of lockdowns) and hold my breath untill LM decides to roll out a version 5.....ever.  

Stress already at max here in Morocco.

Fear I am not the only one who sticks with HF1 latest, which users then could not use this beautiful airport.

Please try your best to help those who stopped at HF1.  Would be a pity to see my money wasted.

Rgds,

Hans

Hello Hans,

updating the P3D v4 Client only from 4.5.12.30293 to 4.5.13.32097 is very quick,

very easy and completely reversible.

You only need to download install_client.msi (323 MB) from your P3D account.

Marcus tells us that there is no need to update either the content or scenery.

My advice would be that you make the update so that you can enjoy the new

airport and not "waste" your money.

If you need advice on how to do it, please ask.

Hello Nick,

Convincing myself bit by bit to install HF2, just have some questions:

1. Prepar3D.cfg and scenery.cfg remain untouched or are set to basic ?

2. concerning Orbx are there any steps to be taken ?  like running Vector AEC after installing ?  Insertionpoint define again ?

Pleased to hear.

Rgds,

Hans.

Just did the update and all now working fine with ESKS...     

What a beauty that airport, chapeau for Marcus.

Really would not mind him make many more airport sceneries in Sweden.  hint hint.

Hopefully I will not get in troubles anywhere with other sceneries, will find out in time.

Tnx Nick for your assistance and the last push to get me over the fence....  B)

Rgds,

Hans.

Archived