KMRY Elevation Issues

Hello,

After trying a flight to KMRY i noticed elevation issues, suken terrain, etc.  This is what i´ve done as per surrounding advices:

1- Made sure to have 5m Mesh Resolution

2- Confirmed that i have ADE_FTX_NCA_KMRY_elevation_adjustment.BGL in

scenery\world\scenery and Default Terrain at the foot of scenery library.    So not because of that....

3- Unistalled and reinstalled both products(KMRY, KTVL since there is a simmilar problem for that one as well)

4- Made sure to have everything updated(Libraries, central, etc)....

5- Played with AEC (No option for KTVL) but did no improvement for KMRY situation.

6- Made sure to set KMRY disabled in AEC

KTVL Issue:

R9o1nK3udJARHe3Ba_6zvBf0v60tUSIKLxZStzJD

KMRY Issue:

nC4UMgNm2FgBxvl3ZTg4De4xtNtmoXai-hPzvzeE

Yes, i have NCA, SCA, PNW, CRM, NRM, and many more...

Thanks for support,

It's worth a try.

I have extra in:
...NA Northern California\Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY

set the following files from .bgl to .off.

ADEX_FTX_NCA_KMRY_Monterey_Peninsula.bgl
ADEX_FTX_NCA_KMRY_Monterey_Peninsula_CVX.bgl
FTX_NCA_objects_KMRY_PLC.bgl

The ADE_FTX_NCA_KMRY_elevation_adjustment.bgl in ...NA Northern California\Scenery\World\scenery is not deactivated.

KMRY1.thumb.jpg.51d45b2e03c34dc24082fc9b359ed0b5.jpg

KMRY2.thumb.jpg.a856549c7389f3c07d9747063e428b8d.jpg

Hello,

Hoffie, i tried BGL to off, but did not work.  Still exactly same issue.

Nick,  also revised the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2, but i dont have that folder at the time i checked.

Also checked the Prog. Data/App Data folder in P3DV4 for any double entries of object flow, but there is only one.....

BTW  here and here the images you couldnt see.

Thanks for support

Hello.

Here are some suggestions from the developer:

1. Ask him to visually confirm that the specific AEC files are disabled (ie don't just rely on the configurator)

2. Does he run any AI payware that also includes edited APX files? 

3. Double check he is running the latest version of P3Dv4.5. 

Hello Nick,

All right answers:

1. Ask him to visually confirm that the specific AEC files are disabled (ie don't just rely on the configurator)

> I revised the FTX_VECTOR_AEC folder as explained in manual and noticed there is a "Disabled" file inside:    AEC_KMRY.inactive    

2. Does he run any AI payware that also includes edited APX files? 

> Nope, i havent ever used any AI traffic, except for the MTL IVAO uses, but i think it is not like AI traffic, but multiplayer visual substitution instead.  Appart from that, nothing like AI.   Just sceneries, and airplanes.... (No Pilots Mesh, no other mesh other than Orbx).   I use all regions in that area and lot of airports from Orbx.  Also use OpenLC North America..... 

3. Double check he is running the latest version of P3Dv4.5

> 4.5.13.32097,   I revised that and i see its the latest available according to my official P3D user account site.  Also checked via Unistall window, and all my core files(Client, Content, Scenery) indicate version 4.5.13.32097

Thanks in advance for support,

Hello Raphael,

AEC_KMRY.inactive indicates that Vector AEC for the airport is active

but it doesn't make any difference, it seems.

2020-3-20_8-5-12-39.jpg

There is no Vector AEC for KTVL

2020-3-20_8-16-39-717.jpg

Do you have any software installed that updates navigation data?

Hello,

Yep, disabling FSAD solved the situation, but also disabled all updated data... 

FSAD guidelines states that Orbx elevation tool should solve the situation, but is not really working for me.    I went to FSAD tech support and got another advice, but i had it solved before trying that.

Noticed Nick´s advice in 2019 post about P3D 4.5 somehow prioritizes upper sceneries info over lower ones, so decided to try and move FSAD "4 entries" just below any other scenery in my P3D Scenery list, even below Orbx AEC. 

Voila!    Scenery working like a charm!     So lets kill the virus by flying a LOT! 8)

Hope the info is helpful for everyone.   I will be testing the solution deeper so may be later i can give you all a brief update.

Thanks for patience and happy flying!  

Archived