EGPN / Vector issue into P3Dv4.5

PhilK

Sorry if duplicated, did not find previous on same topic...

Just wishing to install some 3rd party thingie there, getting difference between P3D4.5/Vector and aerial picture...

Blue skies

61665830_EGPNandVector-2020-mar-7-001.thumb.jpg.2b323e5536447bfd505a302ca2238c36.jpg

EGPN and Vector  -2020-mar-7-002.jpg

Nick, thank you for your speedy return.

Will chase further. Can not remember having an EGPN addon active at present time.

I have been testing a 3rd party FSX airport there, but meanwhile removed all relevant files (apt, cvx, gp and obj). Must figure out where this terrain misfit comes...

Blue skies

Would also think about such left-over from the default airport, but not knowing how to get rid of the unneccessary terrain...

Stock EGPN without Vector

1761530348_EGPNandVector-2020-mar-9-002.thumb.jpg.13dba7f9aaeef0f50482aa054f30a523.jpgWould Now

adding Orbx!VECTOR_CVX, then Orbx!VECTOR_EXX,

1366480584_EGPNandVector-2020-mar-9-004.thumb.jpg.578047dfb8ded0ceb6bb35e82429d377.jpg

Inserting APT, FixedAPT and OBJ has no effect on the above display...

Excluding "specific" airport backgrounds flatten maskclassmap autogen will just allow display of the landclass instead of the background, but still excessive terrain... even if using (as herebelow) the Tim van Ringen EGPN airport

2062324334_EGPNandVector-2020-mar-9-015.thumb.jpg.cacc02640167e61845fdde6f76dfa401.jpg

Have unfortunately not sufficient knowledge to rework terrain / water parts or bodies to modify the coastline, or delete that terrain rectangle... :-(

Blue skies

• 3 weeks later...

This is a Vector problem - for whatever the reason, many coastal airports have their default FSX background polygons incorporated into the hydro polygon/shoreline CVX data.  See my thread linked below for more examples - you can thank the vector inaccuracy of stock FSX/P3D for these problems as the airports themselves are typically misplaced.

This is corrected in FTX Scotland (and presumably TE Great Britain North, which I don't own).  If I'm being perfectly honest, you're cheating yourself by not owning one or both of those if you fly in that area with any frequency!  Usually I don't make these fixes for areas that are improved in another scenery package (by Orbx or anybody else) but I had already started a fix before the light went off in my head.  As such, I didn't make any improvements to the airfields themselves beyond fixing the airport background polygons so there aren't any elevated sections of water.  And, as is usual, I found similar problems at a few other locations.  I did not make an exhaustive search though; I'm certain there will be many others.

See the attached file for corrections to the following airports.  Again, these fixes should not be installed while using FTX Scotland or TE Great Britain North,.

• EGER - Stronsay
  • EGPB - Sumburgh
  • EGPN - Dundee
  • EGQL - Leuchars AB

To install, place them somewhere above the Vector entries in your scenery library; the subfolders in the zip can be combined or kept separate in any order, as long as they are both above Vector.  You will also want to disable the file ABP_EGPN.bgl in the FTX_VECTOR_APT folder or else you'll get an elevated platform in the water just west of the runway at EGPN.

This also fixes a broken (outline) island in the tidal flats southwest of Dundee near Newburgh.

Additional Vector Fixes 6.zip

Thank you so much. I had also installed your previous vector fixes. This is really great work.

No, I do not regularly visit Scotland, I just found the trouble when visiting a recently installed airport scenery for EGPN...

Anyway, you made my day!

Greatings from a confined parisian

Archived