Update of L05 Kern Var

Ken Q

Since the New update of Kern Valley Airport all of the buildings have disappeared.  Static aircraft and vehicles are there, but buildings are not.  Doesn't seem to have many trees either.  Tried uninstall/reinstall, and Verify Files, but no help.  Also tried scenery settings.

Love this little airport; very disappointed.

Thanks.

Ken

Hi  Doug.

Tried your suggestion, but no help at all.

Here are three screen shots taken from the GA Parking area at the south end, west of the taxiway and facing east.

Last time here, before the update, it worked aand looked really fine. Admittedly I haven't been at this airport for a while.  But anxious to try it after the update, this is what I see.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks

Ken

Kern Vallery 1.jpg

Kern Valley 2.jpg

Kern Valley 3.jpg

Hi Doug,

sounds easy, but I searched every where, and can't find this, or how to run this .exe.  So what am I doing wrong?  I'm getting very frustrated.

thanks

Ken

Hi Nick and Doug,

Thanks, Nick, for helping me find the file and .exe.

I found it and ran it as instructed, but it still doesn't help.  No change from before, and still no buildings at L05.

However, remembering that I have a complete backup of FSX I deleted the new scenery and texture folders from the L05 folder in the Orbx folder,and pasted in the old ones from my backup.  So I have restored the pre-update version. That seems to work fine, so far.

Ken

Hello Ken,

I owe you an apology for not checking this before now.

Today I uninstalled and reinstalled L05 in FSX and find that the buildings have indeed gone away

and refuse to come back. I have asked for the files to be checked.

The update was supposed to be a few details here and there, not a demolition of the whole airport. :)

Hi Nick,

Sorry about the problem, but glad it's not just me. Thanks for confirming this, and passing the notice up to those who can fix it.  Looking forward to seeing the update once it's fixed.

Ken

• 5 months later...

Archived