Chris 11

Lukey

I have just bought AUSTRALIA V2 from Orbx and installed it OK. when flying over melbourne I noticed that the MCG 3D graphics do not exist. I was using "photoreal Melbourne" and that section has been replaced by AUST V2. the shrine has gone mcg gone and other 3D graphics that were there have gone. I thought AUST V2 was going to be very good graphics....what am I doing wrong? is it some incorrect settings? or what?  Do you know when SP1 will be released? and will that fix all my problems.

Kind Regards

Chris 

Hello Chris,

welcome to the forums.

SP1 was released on 11th February.

AU Australia v2 includes Melbourne Cityscene, which I imagine must be incompatible with your existing product.

I also see no 3D "mcg", if I have guessed correctly what that is.

1.jpg

Thanks for the report, I have added it to the list of things to do.

I Will go and have another look. I am currently using windows 7 for all my emails etc. I have windows 10 dedicated only to fsx and nothing else (I also use Oculus VR) so i will go and boot up win10

Thanks for your help

2020-3-3_17-41-4-677.BMPHi Nick (again)

I have searched everything i can on my PC to find "Aust SP1" but to no avail. There is nothing in notifications in Orbx central, except 4 ticks and central only says that Aust V2 is installed and nothing else except some other addons. I have enclosed a snap shot of where the MCG should be, it is not the same as what you kindly sent me, you can see what I mean, in my previous blogs, that it looks flat not in 3D

Is there a way I can download SP1 some other way? I guess the MCG and others may be in SP1 update also.

Thank again for your help

Chris

PS  Just found out that  I don't know how to insert the snap shot like you have above.

hi Nick,

Checked V2 and it is 2.1.0, I guess it contains SP1 therein.

(PS. the opera house is missing in Sydney also) Two of the most important landmarks in Melbourne and Sydney respectively, tell Orbx that too.

Thanks for all your help

Kind Regards

Chris 

Hi NIck,

FOR YOUR INFO:

I went back and ran FSX using AUST V2 but still no Opera house.

In order that I was could download AUSTRALIA V2 from OBRX, I had to uninstall Holgermesh Aust and Australia AU so I uninstalled holgermesh Australia and "unticked" Australia in the scenery library.

Then Orbx would let me  download and install Australia V2. To make the opera house appear I went back and "ticked" Australia in the scenery library and reloaded FSX and bingo there was the Opera House. I also use Melbourne photoreal scenery which has a very good replica of the "MCG" and the "Shrine" but having now loaded Aust. V2 it has cancelled out the area within Melbourne's Central Business District  but left the remaining outer areas in tact.

Hope this may be of some help/use to you.

Could you please verify form OBRX that SP1whit all its amendments are included in the installation file of Australia V2. (2.1.0) as the photos shown in their advertisement for Aust V2 are not actual.( I purchased it based on those photos supplied in their add.).

Kind Regards

Chris

Hi guys,

thanks for the heads-up. There's an issue with a missing control file for the dynamic MCG stadium, in the FSX version of AUv2. This actually goes back to the original AUv2 release and apparently went unnoticed until now. We're investigating.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Chris,

the developer's research has revealed that an incorrect file version was added to the FSX installer.

You will find an update available in Orbx Central that will fix it.

This is what I have done and now I see this:

2020-3-6_11-37-22-788.jpg

as I am sure you will too.

Thanks for reporting it, no one had noticed up to now.:)

Thanks NIck and Holger.

I have been away for the last four days (Australia Day holiday) and will download it to morrow (Wednesday) and let you know how I get on

Thanks Again

Chris (I had to use the name LUKEY as it would not let me use the my real name)

Hi NICK and HOLGER,

I have downloaded the update and all works now, great job guys.

As mentioned earlier when I uncheck the original Orbx AUSTRALIA (which is still installed) in the scenery library, I loose the SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE. when running AUSTRALIA V2.

I would be greatful if you could check to see if that file is missing also in AUST V2. Maybe there are some others missing - I don't know. I am running out of drive space and need to uninstall some FSX stuff very soon.

Hoping you can solve this problem for me, and maybe others too.

Kind Regards

Chris  

Hi NIck and Smudger,

I cannot find where FTX AUSTRALIA is / was installed. I will just leave the tick in the "australia" box in the scenery library so I can see the opera house when flying over Sydney, for without the tick there is no opera house.

Anyway guys, thanks for all your help, hope I will leave you in peace for a while.

Have a nice Easter.

Kind Regards

Chris

• 4 months later...

Hi NIck

As I have spent  so much money over many years on Orbx Addons, I have a few questions regarding the new FS 2020. I started  FS off when it was only on one 1.4meg  floppy disk, I have seen so many changes over the past 30+ years, it seems hard to disguard so many hours of enjoyment this simulator has given me. 

1. Can you tell me whether the new FS 2020 is/will be, as good as my existing FSX with all your Orbx addons (totalling 163gig  of addons)? 

2. Is it worth buying another large SSD HD  just to install FS 2020 or not?

3. Can I add your Orbx addon files to FS 2020

4. Will the new FS 2020 currently support VR?

If you have a site you can direct me to would be good, or just a simple YES /NO answer to my questions above would be a help

Thanks in anticipation Nick

Regards

Chris

Hello Chris,

I cannot answer your questions at the moment, I am not permitted to.

I can say that in my opinion, anyone who discards any of the current flight simulators

may well regret the decision.

This is not to make any kind of comment on the quality of any of them but in my

opinion, it will be a long time before many of their addon products, from whichever

developer and whatever type of addon that might be, will work across the board.

Archived