Pacific Northwest Ferries

On 3/9/2020 at 10:22 PM, Larry_R said:

Hello Troy,  

The most recent BC ferries modeled are the two Spirit Class boats. There are a couple of ferries that are no longer in service but that have sentimental value for me so they remain, like the Queen of Nanaimo. It takes me between one and two months to make a boat and a number of them have been redone multiple times as I've gone along. I have to stop somewhere just to get this out the door. 

Cheers

Wish I had the know-how to help you out! Really looking forward to this!

4 hours ago, Benny said:

The only little thing is that I am having some stutter sometime, could it be the wave system?

Could be. The San Juan area is already heavy on the FPS and adding this wonderful traffic will not make it better. There's also a lot of air traffic due to the many airfields around.

But I do enjoy Larry's scenery!

6 hours ago, Benny said:

The only little thing is that I am having some stutter sometime, could it be the wave system?

Hi Ben, 

The new waves should not have that much of an effect on performance; they may even have less impact than the old but it's hard to make a judgement. The boats are pretty simple too, far less complicated than most aircraft. I'm of the theory that often some minor thing can be the straw that broke the camel's back. Removing that one thing and seeing performance improve does not necessarily mean it caused it. 

In any case, you can always try un-ckecking the new waves to see if it makes a difference. Your system looks fairly powerful so the issue may be  what else are you asking your system to do; weather add-ons,  AI aircraft traffic, on and on and as mentioned above, the location counts too. 

Cheers

Thanks Larry, I had a similar problem in Gold Coast airport, this  morning I say to myself let's go elsewhere to see and a similar problem did occur. So finally it's unrelated to the Ferry location. I have just change my GPU (1060 6g) for a 1070 8G TI, I friend made me a killer deal because he doesn't use it no more. But I don't think it's the GPU.

Look like it's my CPU that is lagging once in a wile (monitoring both + memory usage), but don't worry it's only once in a wile and also wile Bandicam is in use (filming).
And most slider to the right :P

Even if your product are free... I am still having a blast doing a video on those great addon.

Cheers, Ben

Amazing work, however, I seem to be missing anything at Campbell River. I installed via Central, and I indeed see the massive improvements at Powell River and Nanaimo, but nothing at Campbell River. Can someone post a screenshot of that specific harbour so I can compare?

- Thanks! (Sorry if this is posted in wrong location on forum)

- Kenneth

37 minutes ago, kennethjkerr said:

Amazing work, however, I seem to be missing anything at Campbell River. I installed via Central, and I indeed see the massive improvements at Powell River and Nanaimo, but nothing at Campbell River. Can someone post a screenshot of that specific harbour so I can compare?

- Thanks!

- Kenneth

Here's one for you.

1092491558_CampbellRiver.thumb.jpg.17d4301fc9727fce303aaeb5b8429bb7.jpg

37 minutes ago, kennethjkerr said:

- Thanks!

- Kenneth

Hi Kenneth, 

Maybe you could post this in the Freeware support forum along with a screenshot of what you are seeing.  That way people searching for similar problems can find it.  I'll reply there.

Cheers, 

Very sad that this wonderful addon is not available for manual download nor via FTX Central v3. As Orbx Central v4 destroys my P3Dv4 (could only come back via a restore of C: with Acronis), I cannot use it. No chance to make it available for manual download and installation?

Hello, 

Sorry to say,  the bits and pieces of the PNW ferries were configured to only work with Orbx Central. In fact, all new Orbx releases are now through Orbx Central. FTX Central is functional as a legacy installer for those who are happy with with they have. If you might be interested in other new Orbx products as they come along, it might be worth posting about your difficulties in the Orbx Central support forum. My guess is there is something unique about your system, and that can likely be resolved.  But it's  up to you.

Cheers.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 11:18 AM, Beaufort said:

Very sad that this wonderful addon is not available for manual download nor via FTX Central v3. As Orbx Central v4 destroys my P3Dv4 (could only come back via a restore of C: with Acronis), I cannot use it. No chance to make it available for manual download and installation?

Have you tried installing via the old Scenery.cfg method?   With that method my FTX4 works perfectly. The problem with the addon.xml method it that  the layering gets all messed up , elevation issues pop up, products do not show up properly, etc. I have installed all my products via the old method and I have no issues whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 5:04 AM, bvdboomen said:
On 4/2/2020 at 12:41 PM, Flyguy767 said:

I have installed all my products via the old method and I have no issues whatsoever.

I recall reading that it is advised by Orbx to use this method indeed

Hi folks,

Perhaps this discussion might better take place in the Orbx Central forum or the P3D v4 forum.  The hope is that contents of this tread be related to the preview announcement  of the product or related so others can find relevant info should then need it. 

Cheers, 

2 hours ago, Socata said:

CAE3

I've puzzled over this shot and just can't see the relation to the Pacific Northwest Ferries. The Campbell River ferry dock is about out of sight to the south. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hi Larry_R.

Thanks for the amazing work!  I lived in Nanaimo and it brings back memories for sure.

Any thoughts on a V5 update/upgrade?  I'm rapidly moving to the new version with its performance improvements.

Again, many thanks.

Glenn

Archived