Need help with Florida scenery

Johnny82

Greetings fellow simmers!

So i got florida orbx recently.... and the first time i installed it there was no problem. NOW however (had to reinstall xplane from 0) for some reason i am unable to put the correct order in my scenery.ini file. The MESH, seems to be correct as, for exmaple, in KMIA (Miami intl) the airport looks correct, the scenery looks correct, but the FLOOR.... what should be tarmac and cement and taxi ways and runways, is the ORTHO satellite image/texture.
I have other orbx products and..... for example "LEBB (Bilbao) airport" , was tough to install, however i was able to install it eventually.
With Florida, everything seems correct, EXCEPT the Florida airports.

Can anyone tell me how the order should be ? I know they are even "lettered" with A, B, and C so i know what goes where, unfortunately i have tried many things and have not been successful. Loading Miami takes a very long time so its becoming rather tedious to try and fix this by "trial and error".

Any help would be immensely appreciated  

Edited by Johnny82

Greetings fellow simmers!

So i got florida orbx recently.... and the first time i installed it there was no problem. NOW however (had to reinstall xplane from 0) for some reason i am unable to put the correct order in my scenery.ini file. The MESH, seems to be correct as, for example, in KMIA (Miami intl) the airport looks correct, the scenery looks correct, but the FLOOR.... what should be tarmac and cement and taxi ways and runways, is the ORTHO satellite image/texture.
I have other orbx products and..... for example "LEBB (Bilbao) airport" , was tough to install, however i was able to install it eventually.
With Florida, everything seems correct, EXCEPT the Florida airports.

Can anyone tell me how the order should be ? I know they are even "lettered" with A, B, and C so i know what goes where, unfortunately i have tried many things and have not been successful. Loading Miami takes a very long time so its becoming rather tedious to try and fix this by "trial and error".

Any help would be immensely appreciated  

Hi, welcome to the forums

Please post a copy of the scenery_packs.ini file that is found in the custom scenery folder (please do not open it and copy and paste the contents) , and our resident expert will be more than happy to have a look when he gets a chance. 

If you read this topic posted a while back, the very same issue is reported and i provided a resolution by creating a standalone copy of the default KMIA. 

I attach that copy for you now. Just unzip it and place it in your Custom Scenery folder. Orbx have not changed any airports in TE Florida, so what you are seeing is the photo image of the airport. For some reason, some people are not seeing the default KMIA which is in Global Airports. This attachment rectifies that..

KMIA_Scenery_Pack.zip

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

If you read this topic posted a while back, the very same issue is reported and i provided a resolution by creating a standalone copy of the default KMIA. 

I attach that copy for you now. Just unzip it and place it in your Custom Scenery folder. Orbx have not changed any airports in TE Florida, so what you are seeing is the photo image of the airport. For some reason, some people are not seeing the default KMIA which is in Global Airports. This attachment rectifies that..

KMIA_Scenery_Pack.zip 192.81 kB · 0 downloads

AGAIN, thank you so much, any help or hint or clue is highly appreciated. Ill look into it immediately 

6 minutes ago, Johnny82 said:

AGAIN, thank you so much, any help or hint or clue is highly appreciated. Ill look into it immediately 

Just make sure you use the revised scenery_packs.ini that i sent  you earlier as your original one was very wrongly layered.

11 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Just make sure you use the revised scenery_packs.ini that i sent  you earlier as your original one was very wrongly layered.

Thank you soooo much. My friend reports "Miami airport is being shown correctly"
Thanks a BUNCH! I would have never guessed that sloution

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 7:46 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Just chiming in to confirm this fixed the issue of 'gravel taxiways at KMIA with TE Florida installed' for me as well. Thanks for adding the KMIA gateway scenery @Jon Clarke

• 6 months later...

Here is a post that makes reference to the Nimbus airport but in a different scenario to yours. He does not mention non compatibility just a duplication which is resolved by removing KMIA from the TE Florida/airports file.

Maybe you should also check with Nimbus

• Thanks 1