Around the grounds and nothing to do with coffee.

VH-KDK

A few landmarks along the River Clyde, in and around Glasgow 

1.SG7Giui.jpg

The home of Rangers F.C., the Ibrox Stadium holds the record for the biggest crowd for a British league game. Over 118,000 were in attendance in 1939 for a clash with local rivals Celtic.

2.SHKoJ5A.jpg

Hampden Park is the Scottish national stadium as well as the home of Queen's Park F.C. Once having a capacity of 150,000 it now can seat 51,866 fans. It holds the European International match attendance record of 149,415 for  a game against England in 1937.

3.wohtbld.jpg

Celtic Park, Parkhead or Paradise, this is the home of Celtic F.C. and is the largest stadium in Scotland with a capacity of 60,411. 83,500 attended the New Years game with Rangers in 1938. The opening ceremony for the 2014 Commonwealth Games were held here.

4.IpMCstg.jpg

Scotstoun Stadium is a multi purpose venue. Home of Pro14 team Glasgow Warriors it is also used for athletics. The present day Warriors were formed in 1996 but the original team hailed from 1872.

7,351 fans can view the Rugby Union games with the capacity being boosted by temporary seating.

5.UR6LypI.jpg

At Greenock, Cappielow Park is the home of Greenock Morton. "The Ton" play in the second tier with the ground having a capacity of 11,589 standing and seated spectators.

6.VZ2O1w5.jpg

Finally "The Son's" ground at Dumbarton, which can just be seen to the left of the prop. Now in the third tier, Dumbarton were Scottish Champions in 1891 and 1892, the first 2 years of the competition.

2,020 people can watch the games here.

Amazing detail in this scenery, bring on the next region please!

Thanks Martyn, epic shots of those stadiums. Okay, find some golf courses for us now. I'm tire of the wretched cold weather and while your warming things up for us. It's 8 Degrees Fahrenheit here at KROC and it's dropping below 0 by sunrise. I hate checking my tires every morning and filling them, pain in the Gluteus Maximus.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, M110A2 said:

Thanks Martyn, epic shots of those stadiums. Okay, find some golf courses for us now. I'm tire of the wretched cold weather and while your warming things up for us. It's 8 Degrees Fahrenheit here at KROC and it's dropping below 0 by sunrise. I hate checking my tires every morning and filling them, pain in the Gluteus Maximus.

Thanks Vince, that sounds like a wonderful idea with the golf courses.

Another hot and unusually humid day here today but no rain forecasted. Shepparton airport had 15mm on Friday evening but 5km away we only got 5 in the gauge and we need all the precipitation we can get!

On 2/14/2020 at 8:01 PM, Ian St said:

Fantastic shots, I must do a stadium tour too I think !

Thanks Ian, they are so well done now with so much detail.

You wouldn't be a red by any chance? 

I just remember that great player from the 60s, Ian St John!

On 2/14/2020 at 10:22 PM, Donka said:

You were doing so well until shot 3! :P

This is all in TE GB North? In light of this probably never making it to Aerofly FS 2, I may have to explore X-Plane 11 as things are looking nice - thanks for the shots.

Sorry if I spoiled your day.;)

You will have to change your green avatar though!:lol:

This is TE GB North, all around Glasgow and down the Clyde. IMHO XP-11 is well worth the addition and hopefully will only get better as more sceneries are added!

On 2/14/2020 at 10:34 PM, Caluma65 said:

These are absolutely superb Sir!  I'm loving the Scottish theme!!

Being a supporter of Rangers FC, the first is my favourite.  It's a thing of beauty!!  Cheers,

Calum

Many thanks Calum, there is so much to see in this wonderful country and I am glad you are enjoying my posts.

The façade on the Main Stand appears to be very well done, maybe some closer scrutiny is needed on another flight!

10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Sorry if I spoiled your day.;)

You will have to change your green avatar though!:lol:

This is TE GB North, all around Glasgow and down the Clyde. IMHO XP-11 is well worth the addition and hopefully will only get better as more sceneries are added!

Yup, looks like I’ll need to add a photo of some description if I can’t change the colour! Appreciate the images and info. 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:12 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Terrific shots Martyn and some amazing information.  I didn't know just how many people were into this sport.

Many years ago Jack the crowds were huge but now the stadiums are reduced in capacity and mostly all seated.

Sadly too much violence in the late 60s and 70s made it a risky business going to games.:(

On 2/14/2020 at 11:55 PM, lifejogger said:

Thanks for the tour of all of the stadiums.  My son son was a very good soccer player, went to college on a soccer scholarship.

Thanks John, I am in awe of the skills of the players of most sports.

On 2/15/2020 at 12:36 AM, bernd1151 said:

Brilliant idea, Martyn, to give a tour of the stadiums. What's next? Pubs? :D :D

Thanks Bernd.

No, I am a two pot screamer so I wouldn't get very far with the pubs but I am open to ideas!

On 2/15/2020 at 4:03 AM, Stillwater said:

Cool stories around all these grounds. Imagine we´d have some FootballFlow inside with the correct time setting... ;)

Thanks Gerold and a Football/Sports flow would be a great idea but I think it would impact my FPS to have participants charging around every sports venue on my screen!:o

Archived