Orbx Global Base/Vector/OpenLC no 3D Lights

Sheev

Hi there, for some reason my 3D Lights from ORBX stopped working 1 week ago and i am not able to find the reason behind that, already restored default shaders, reinstalled all of my ORBX products but its still there, there are still highway lights and main roads but lots of the 3D lights are missing, there are also some light spots on the ground where the light should be... Also tried the sync simulator function but nothing works...

Simulator: P3Dv4.5 HF2 with ORBX Global Base, Vector, OPENLC NA+EU+SA, Buildings HD, Trees HD and latest ORBX Libraries

2020-2-10_20-59-9-535.png

@Ian St The first picture shows Los Angeles at midnight, im like 1000 ft just right above LAX and looking to the harbour, the second one shows Chicago after a 180° right turn after takeoff from RWY28R at KORD around 5-6 pm, but i don't really get why you need comparison shots, because you can clearly tell that there are missing lights in the first picture and it didnt look like that 1 week ago

15 hours ago, Sheev said:

@Ian St The first picture shows Los Angeles at midnight, im like 1000 ft just right above LAX and looking to the harbour, the second one shows Chicago after a 180° right turn after takeoff from RWY28R at KORD around 5-6 pm, but i don't really get why you need comparison shots, because you can clearly tell that there are missing lights in the first picture and it didnt look like that 1 week ago

Well I'd re-do the Chicago departure in that aircraft at that time of day in similar weather. If you get an inferior light display to the above picture, you know that something has changed in your system to diminish performance, and start working backwards as to what changes have occurred to find the culprit. If the result is a similar picture, it is not that and instead is localised to the scenario where lighting degrades. LAX at night is very intensive on your CPU/GPU and you may find your set-up is draining resources. In this instance, perhaps reducing AI or swapping to a less power consuming aircraft might improve the lighting. At least you'll know the cause and choose to compromise to whatever suits you.

@Ian StIm sorry but LAX was never very intensive on my CPU or GPU it worked perfectly fine with extremely dense settings even with FSDT KLAX, I don't have any AI aircrafts and the aircraft i was flying was the default f-22 raptor, also tried to reduce settings what actually made the situation even worse because Global Buildings gives you somewhat of night lighting. What i also discovered is that there is also autogen missing in some places, not only the lights, i did go through old screenshots and could easily spot the differences at day/night. What I did today was reinstalling all of ORBX again, deleting every old key etc, reinstalling my default scenery, textures and effects before that and also removed terrain.cfg and scenery.cfg and let it rebuild but the problem is still there. I tried to remember what i did the last days/week and I did play a lot with shaders tweaking stuff etc, but i also restored everything to default so that shouldn't be a problem... I am out of ideas and really don't want to reinstall the whole sim because i got so many add-ons that are working just fine in harmony, its just these stupid lights that stopped working....

@chris b complete reinstall of P3D, but there was definitely a problem between ORBX and the default autogen configs because after i have removed everything except ORBX Global Base and ORBX Libraries the problem was still there... So i still don't know what really happened to those files...

Archived