ORBX Central, FTX Global/OLC & Full P3D Updates(Client/Content/Scenery)

Ioan92

Hello,

I've recently updated to ORBX Central due to the immersion/chaseplane products and I have some questions about this program since it replaced FTX Central. I'll try to be as clear as possible with my questions so there is no confusion.

1.)

With FTX Central, every time it would run it would show "Activating ORBX scenery" in the lower left.

Bear in mind that I also happen to own Flightscene Tahiti which comes with the "animan" autogen configuration tool.

Every time P3D would start after running FTX Central, it would show animan configuring the autogen, which indicated to me that FTX Central was doing something to the autogen every time it ran.

Now with ORBX Central, animan only did its job once, after an FTX Global update. Pressing synchronize simulator (which I assumes was what FTX Central did automatically) in the help menu does not make animan show up, so I assume that it's not touching the autogen files and leaving them as animan set them.

So what exactly do you have to do with ORBX Central to reset the autogen configuration? (and thus having animan pop up again)

2.)

Elaine Dixon posted a very useful tutorial on how to handle ORBX content with P3D updates but it's only valid for FTX Central. I cannot find any thread that explains how to deal with this with ORBX Central. I am referring to this thread:

Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

Hello!

On 2/8/2020 at 12:38 AM, Ioan92 said:

Now with ORBX Central, animan only did its job once, after an FTX Global update. Pressing synchronize simulator (which I assumes was what FTX Central did automatically) in the help menu does not make animan show up, so I assume that it's not touching the autogen files and leaving them as animan set them.

So what exactly do you have to do with ORBX Central to reset the autogen configuration? (and thus having animan pop up again)

Orbx will apply its autogen configuration when Orbx Libraries is installed, updated or 'Verify Files' is clicked on it. If you install Orbx Libraries outside of your simulator (into a Central install library), this is handled by add-on.xml instead.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:38 AM, Ioan92 said:

2.)

Elaine Dixon posted a very useful tutorial on how to handle ORBX content with P3D updates but it's only valid for FTX Central. I cannot find any thread that explains how to deal with this with ORBX Central. I am referring to this thread:

After updating P3D, generally the following will correctly insert Orbx scenery again.

• Verify Files on Orbx Libraries
  • Verify Files on Global Base
  • Run 'Sync Simulator' in Settings, Help

Archived