TE Florida visual error

chifan90

Hello, 

TE  Florida looks great, but some major POI's are greatly inaccurate and diminish the importance of the location.    Cape Canaveral is rather full of generic buildings,  the VAB building is quite wrong.  as there  is no large American Flag on your model.  Also, the historic Apollo launch pads looks very wrong.   You got the JFK NASA visitor center pretty well made.

Please look at these images and make an update.  IMO it diminishes the purchase a bit.   No, you can't make each building ever accurate,  I'm not asking that.   

ksc-20180226-vab.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 7.16.29 PM.png

2 hours ago, chifan90 said:

I commented on two items:

You asked me "But what about fixing the NASA building?" and I replied "This is the NASA building" in response to "The problem is indeed because the default airport blocks out the real POI. It'll be fixed shortly in an update". 

i.e. We have modelled the NASA building, the default X-Plane building is blocking it. There is an update pending to fix it. 

Given the title of this thread, it seems like a good place to put in my observations of the wonderful TE Florida. What a fantastic add-on! I'm blown away by the depth of it. Finally, South Florida feels like South Florida in X-Plane. Here are the things that have caught my attention after a quick two-hours VFR flight around South Florida. I have not gone north yet.

two-antennas.jpg.8afa555bb2378e5cfc6b8c49ac51947d.jpgantenna.png.968b4283b70fdd95f527e7fcdec5e038.png

Just to the south of KTMB, there are two 1800 foot antennas when it should be just one. The south tower is closer to the actual location than the north tower is.

turkeypoint.jpg.d719c2ade770ec06671bd420495955c9.jpg

Turkey Point Power Plant no longer have its two smokestacks, its two oil-burning buildings, and its two large oil tanks. Four natural gas turbine power plants were recently installed on site and these are modeled as generic-looking buildings, which takes away from the look of Turkey Point. Fantastic job on getting its cooling water system canals to look proper! That always have never looked correct in any of previous third-party add-ons.

Oasis.jpg.2d64bf7ff3322bc9d8db4686b6d2f961.jpg

The runway at 9FL7 Oasis Ranger Station-U S Government Airport is not where it should be.

tower-biscayne-bay.jpg.1da7781473b9708b9a86b4c8c1828b6c.jpgstiltsville-squares.jpg.08523d3ee7443bce8cf3d6727df545e9.jpg

This random cellphone antenna tower shouldn't be here (25.650 Lat, -80.161 Long) and in the same area, there are these black squares in the bay that seems to be drawn in the textures. I suspected they are the locations of the Stiltsvilles houses that got edited out. May I suggested adding in the houses of Stiltsville? Biscayne Bay just isn't the same without them.

Thank you so much for TE Florida!

Archived