Into Newquay

VH-KDK

The last of my flight from Luton to Newquay and the hardest part for me, the (attempted) landing!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

9.MrMFQkh.jpg

Over the Wheal Martyn china clay quarry with the town of St Austell on the bay.

10.BstHYD1.jpg

At Tregaswith and the A3059 road just before touching town.

11.oH9aW1b.jpg

There, a nice smooth touchdown without any hint of a tail strike.

12.aYQJigi.jpg

The lady with the big cones is ready to welcome the passengers to Newquay and later maybe some surfing or seafood.

Wow, a landing with this long thing without tailstrike, that is a thing.

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

The lady with the big cones is ready to welcome the passengers to Newquay and later maybe some surfing or seafood.

I am confused why you think of surfing or seafood in this environment. I have to get back to my Mitchellwing :ph34r::D.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:26 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice approach and landing Martyn, I flew this plane in the sim for a long time, it can be difficult.

Thanks Jack, a plane I have rarely flown, I usually stick with the smaller Dash 8s.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:32 PM, flyingleaf said:

Great stuff Martyn. Nice about them big cones.:D

Viva la difference Karl. Look at the cabin crew we have on our flights compared to the Mule Team. I suppose that we have a better clientele where you carry rough and ready passengers and need Hilda to scare the bejeebers out of them.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:27 AM, Stillwater said:

Wow, a landing with this long thing without tailstrike, that is a thing.

I am confused why you think of surfing or seafood in this environment. I have to get back to my Mitchellwing :ph34r::D.

I was very aware both on take off and landing about the length of the Q400 but I was very surprised that I didn't leave any paint on the runways.

Newquay is the surfing capital of the UK, being centred on Fistral Beach while Cornwall is renowned for it's sea food.

Maybe instead of jetting off to some exotic tropical paradise on the other side of the world you should go and discover Devon and Cornwall!;)

No! I didn't think so!:lol:

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Look at the cabin crew we have on our flights compared to the Mule Team.

Awright Martyn that does it:angry:. As I write this I told Hilda to change our operation and we'll prove to y'all that the Mule Team can operate a first class air line. We'll offer a seven course gourmet dinner flight with "candles" and first class wine. So y'all stand by and watch our new scheduled first class flight from PAYA to Homer. Y'all shall be speechless.:oB):D

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Awright Martyn that does it:angry:. As I write this I told Hilda to change our operation and we'll prove to y'all that the Mule Team can operate a first class air line. We'll offer a seven course gourmet dinner flight with "candles" and first class wine. So y'all stand by and watch our new scheduled first class flight from PAYA to Homer. Y'all shall be speechless.:oB):D

No doubt in my mind i'll be speechless Karl. :lol:

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

What? Seven courses of candles to eat and who is the first class whiner in your crew!:o

Alaskan will be quaking in their boots for sure.:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

Archived