Will there be Vector 2.0 etc Next Generation?

Airwolf

Hi guys,

Super excited that openLC Africa is in beta testing.  I am just wondering will there any more improvements for the base Vector product in the near future.  For example the not all the road lights turn on some parts of the highway (you can see few threads created by me on support).

With OpenLC EU, NA, SA and now Africa - this is massive part of the globe to see and enjoy in the sim.

It would be cool if some of the tech from True Earth series comes into Vector.  I am just guessing and speculating here.

To all the Orbx devs - thank you for all the wonderful addons.

Airwolf

Firstly thanks for the acknowledgment to our devs. 

Regarding Vector, there are no plans at this stage for a Version 2. To update it would require significant time and resources, something which we are dedicating to other projects at present. 

21 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Regarding Vector, there are no plans at this stage for a Version 2. To update it would require significant time and resources, something which we are dedicating to other projects at present. 

Thank you for this update.  I hope down the road something new comes out from this arena; but at the same excited to see what other projects come out in 2020.  It is always fun to see the preview thread of upcoming projects.  

Have a great day

On 1/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, Ed Correia said:

I thought was looooong overdue..?

On 1/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, walterg74 said:

I thought was looooong overdue..?

With MSFS 2020 coming out...what do you think REALLY, are any chances of further 'updates'  or new versions of legacy software?   Don't hold your breath...the skin turns bluish....

MSFS 2020 seals the crypts...

29 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Quite the opposite actually. As Mark Twain said “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

That’s great news, I have been concerned developers were stopping developing products for P3D because of this sacred cow MSFS that is apparently coming. No one knows what will be required to run it yet or if it actually is such a quantum leap forward at this stage.  At the moment it’s just marketing hype....

On 1/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, Stewart Hobson said:

A little premature to say that.  It hasn't even been published yet.

Stew...it ain't vapor-ware...and with each teaser screen shot....it's not a page turner...it a whole new, and entire---> publishing house!  We'll probably have it RTM'ed by September/October...certainly before next Xmas...

Archived