I knew Ana well

VH-KDK

Even though it is not of the highest quality I couldn't resist this Boeing 727-200 freeware with a swag of liveries.

My favourite and sadly what was the final Ansett livery, are included.

1.bKbpFmC.jpg

2.h0yklO0.jpg

3.VGpWrGk.jpg

I had several flights on VH-ANA in the 80s and the 727 was a wonderful plane to fly on.

Lovely shots of a great aircraft - I loved the TAA T-Jet Livery and the older Ansett livery that followed on from the prop days - like you I travelled 727 style many times between Aust and PNG, mostly TAA but sometimes "Took Another Airline" to "Chance-it with Ansett" - old aviation jokes are sometimes very corny!  Thanks for the memories.

54 minutes ago, TerribleT said:

Lovely shots of a great aircraft - I loved the TAA T-Jet Livery and the older Ansett livery that followed on from the prop days - like you I travelled 727 style many times between Aust and PNG, mostly TAA but sometimes "Took Another Airline" to "Chance-it with Ansett" - old aviation jokes are sometimes very corny!  Thanks for the memories.

Great to hear of your memories, the older liveries are far more appealing to me that todays but that is just my tastes!

I only flew with TAA the once and after that it was Ansett with Kendall for the regional flights.

Archived