When Martyn met Theodore

Stillwater

After his morning flight and the appropriate lunch...

... Martyn looked around at Kaneohe for a friendly pilot to take him back to Honolulu city. He soon met Mr. Calvin, Theodore Calvin, who offered him a helicopter ride.

cvuljft.jpg

At first they went to a place called "Robin´s nest" to pick up some friends, Rick and Thomas.

3lHAshh.jpg

By chance, the owner (a famous writer) was not there, so they equipped themselves with some more snacks and went off.

gs5PxHT.jpg

The Round Top Forest Reserve looks great...

iGY7nnK.jpg

... and Honolulu is not less impressive.

cgCtwFb.jpg

Diamond Head...

sif004x.jpg

... and the attempt to drop Martyn at his hotel. But the platform was not solid, so he had to continue flying with these funny guys.

7XvVbTS.jpg

716gsV1.jpg

Sightseeing and history lessons at the USS Arizona memorial, ...

FIxpgHb.jpg

... USS Bowfin, ...

8EH5TAf.jpg

... the landside of the museum, ...

NOBizIq.jpg

... and, finally, Mighty Mo.

Eulj8Rk.jpg

There are also some more recent ships based here.

yKQa0nJ.jpg

The three veterans decided to use an uncommon landing spot; they probably have old friends out there.

pMPvgDY.jpg

I just hope the Australian tourist was not arrested too long for getting off the helicopter here.

hqb7R8K.jpg

19 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Very nice tour Gerold, I enjoyed the shots and narration.  I am sure Martyn will confirm everything you said.:)

Thank you John. As this is the day work Martyn can easily confirm. I will not post any potential nightlife here!

18 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

16 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic shots and story Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam. Sorry, travelling over Oahu in a helicopter gives me no other option but taking this livery.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Gerold!  One of the first things we did when he visited was load the new Hawaii.  And when he saw it he recognized all the places he went to and explained all the places he saw.

I have never been to Hawaii (yet). So I can "just" enjoy the level of detail and the virtual beauty. Maybe someday I can add this personal emotion...

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold for this wonderful tour of Oahu.

ORBX has done a marvellous job of the island.

I didn't watch Magnum PI when it was on the TV and the only Magnum I am familiar with is the one on a stick!

You were too young to be allowed to watch the dramatic action of Magnum PI? Repeat it on Netflix or YT!

Magnum on a stick? I know what you are thinking and you got it right.

Archived