Global openLC Africa enters beta!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

It’s a big continent. A few more reports from the testers are still to come before we start compiling a release candidate.

We are just as impatient as you. 

A sign of life is what I was waiting for, and definitely this is a sign... Tnx Ed.

22 hours ago, YoYo said:

So? Any news about new LC?

We have received news just 5 days ago. And as Ed said  this is a large continent. I appreciate a long testing phase which guarantees a flawless product then. So please be a bit more patient.:)

Totally understood BUT I think announcements should be made closer to the real launch date, this avoids two things

01.- The agony of waiting

02.- The loosing of  interest / emotion. When launched it will be bought but with less excitement effect as if it had been announced 5 days ago. As when an amazing surprise is launched, the effect is overwhelming. Hope you understand what I mean

And as this could take even longer, is better to focus on new releases and recent announcements for the peace of mind :)

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Totally understood BUT I think announcements should be made closer to the real launch date, this avoids two things

01.- The agony of waiting

02.- The loosing of  interest / emotion. When launched it will be bought but with less excitement effect as if it had been announced 5 days ago. As when an amazing surprise is launched, the effect is overwhelming. Hope you understand what I mean

And as this could take even longer, is better to focus on new releases and recent announcements for the peace of mind :)

You are right, but probably they didn't expect the delays they are experiencing now.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dave302 said:

OK, I have a new theory:

This is taking so long because Orbx developers have decided to add landclass for Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, and Iraq.

Wishful thinking? 

Dave

It's taking so long because the devs suddenly came across a solution which would enable them to finalize OpenLC Asia, too...

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

discounting the acknowledged delays in this project, it is "taking so long" because it is a vast continent

and there is a great deal of work to do.

Thx Nick but in March 2020 is planned still as it was in FTX plans = 1Q 2020? :)

Fingers crossed!

I for my part am very excited for this, it will enhance my simulator a lot for new scenarios and flights in a region I've neglected! 

Had a very busy work week but kept checking the preview threads for new screenshot every day, hope some come soon :) 

Wow!!! I only just logged in for the first time in months to see what was happening in the forums, and saw this thread. Africa is no. 1 on my flight simming interest list, and this will be an instant buy the moment I'm aware of its release. Take however long is needed to work on it, all the hard work will be very appreciated. Screenshots look fantastic! Keep up the good work! I spend most of my time simming in African areas, and am very much looking forward to it.

14 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hello, so any news? Screenies? Release day? :D

Orbx is holding its cards close to its vest on this one.  I'm sorry, but the excuse "it's a large continent" just doesn't fly IMO.  The other large openLC areas weren't in beta for nearly this long.

I suspect that there are a lot of issues to correct and, hopefully, a few countries to add.

Patience, and more patience, is what is called for here.

Dave

Archived