Global openLC Africa enters beta!

23 minutes ago, dave302 said:

This particular openLC was marketed by ORBX as "openLC Africa/Middle East" from the beginning. 

I can't remember that, do you have a source for that? I only remember it being announced as Africa, and whichever extent beyond Egypt as a bonus.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I can't remember that, do you have a source for that? I only remember it being announced as Africa, and whichever extent beyond Egypt as a bonus.

See the screenshot below, and note the title of a particular coverage area as well as the encircled area itself:

https://imgur.com/BEAEzzL

AmzDwSz.jpg

Dave

Damn guys - this was effectively suspended indefinitely and at least most of it is apparently back on track to get eventually released. I think I can settle for the mainland, major islands and Arabic peninsula basically for time being.

(I wouldn't mind though if "Madagascar" included Réunion and Mauritius! ;):))

1 minute ago, AKar said:

Damn guys - this was effectively suspended indefinitely and at least most of it is apparently back on track to get eventually released. I think I can settle for the mainland, major islands and Arabic peninsula basically for time being.

(I wouldn't mind though if "Madagascar" included Réunion and Mauritius! ;):))

I agree, I'm really glad to finally being able to get my hands on it.

4 hours ago, dave302 said:

And your point is?  Oh wait, I see, you obviously don't know the facts so let me explain.

This particular openLC was marketed by ORBX as "openLC Africa/Middle East" from the beginning. 

If you look at the map that ORBX produced showing all the openLC products' coverage areas, the Middle East is indeed included as a single Africa and Middle East product.

Dave

Chill,,,,did you not see the smiley??

On 1/23/2020 at 5:13 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as things stand, openLC Africa covers all of the mainland, Madagaskar, Canary Islands, Madeira Islands,

Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, UAE, Qatar and Kuwait.

Judging by logic, Bahrain, Comoros, Cape Verde and the Sinai peninsula would be excluded.

12 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

I wouldn't mind having OpenLC Asia split in two or three pieces and pay the full price for each if it would only be released. E. g. Middle East & India, China & South East Asia, North & Central Asia.

Totally agree  with that suggestion  ORBX then  could  go one step  further  and  call them Regions with full details .    After all haven't ORBX  done that  with New Zealand North & South  and   to some lesser degree  with  PNG  with Kokoda  & Tapini . Those  4 sceneries  are excellent products . 

On the top of the 33  Countries in Africa , it looks like  ORBX has also included some middle east  countries , like Yemen, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Lebanon, Oman  and the UAE,               

This is totally fine with me, thanks.

However, I am getting a bit worried now that no further beta screenshots are turning up as it's been common with other products in beta stage.

Kind regards, Michael

4 hours ago, YAMBA1 said:

Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Oman  and the UAE

Plus Bahrain and Qatar.

The other three aren't in, nor is Jordan or Palestine.  Pity.  I have many prop-liners scheduled for Beirut.  But I'd much rather this than nothing, which is where we were a month ago.

5 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Extent of openLC Africa:

[map]

So Réunion and Mauritius are indeed included, and apparently Seychelles, and Comoro islands as well. Basically, just about all important islands around Africa. Which is great! I'm really looking forward to this!

If OpenLC was ever to be continued after this release, it would kind of make sense to split Asia differently than previously planned. Like, Asia West and Asia East, the division going to north from area between Kazakhstan and Mongolia, and then south along the eastern border of China, and India being in either in West or East. So, the "West" would have all the Middle East, Georgia, some of the missing Russian cities and the Caspian region as "attractions", while the "East" would include China, Koreas, Japan and other obvious areas as its. Anyways, that's just wishes and speculations, happy get the Africa added at least!

Yes, I generally agree that this is certainly great news that at least we will finally have openLC Africa, and I'm pleasantly surprised that the Canary Islands, Madeira, Cape Verde, and even the Azores are included. 

Having said that, looking at the openLC Europe coverage and how far east it goes, i.e. Turkey's eastern border, it is clear and logical that Iraq, Syria, Israel, Jordan, and Lebanon should have been included.  I find it almost ridiculous that they were not, especially considering the relatively small area compared to the vast Africa coverage.

Oh well, of course I will buy this, but I will always remain disappointed with ORBX's failure to complete the openLC scenery after so many years of waiting.

That's all I will say on this matter.  Now let's hope for some more screenshots and actual release ASAP.

Dave

Why haven't there been any more screenshots? Usually after a product enters beta stage it gets released quite soon I've noticed.. Are there problems with the product again? After everything that happened I'm starting to get a bit paranoid regarding the release of this product.

11 minutes ago, jenstt said:

Why haven't there been any more screenshots? Usually after a product enters beta stage it gets released quite soon I've noticed.

Maybe that's because LC Africa isn't build by ORBX? That's my thought when I read about several posts concerning Africa.

Some quotes:

Some fresh screenshots from the developer
We have been given some WIP screenshots

11 minutes ago, jenstt said:

Why haven't there been any more screenshots? Usually after a product enters beta stage it gets released quite soon I've noticed.. Are there problems with the product again? After everything that happened I'm starting to get a bit paranoid regarding the release of this product.

Settle down tiger. 

Our guys are testing various products and we will have more screenshots in due course. 

On 1/23/2020 at 5:13 PM, Nick Cooper said:

as things stand, openLC Africa covers all of the mainland, Madagaskar, Canary Islands, Madeira Islands,

Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, UAE, Qatar and Kuwait.

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many places to explore :) No sense in P3D4 default and should be GREAT with Open LC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (same for Asia Open LC when it will be issued)  MANY THANKS !!!!!!

On 1/22/2020 at 6:08 AM, carlosqr said:

This one is in the Arabic peninsula...

Is Africa land class going to cover it too?..

I would like to see Victoria waterfalls

Cape Town area

Morocco

Egypt

How dense is vegetation in Congo (all central Africa)

I have Kilimanjaro so would like to see if I need to get rid of it

Would love to see Guinea and Lagos coasts

The Richat structure

The Tibesti terrain in Chad

Madagascar  :lol:

ZwMz9gQ.jpg

Cheers

You forget Libya my friend

On 1/21/2020 at 6:28 AM, carlosqr said:

Hi Gerold

So far there are some good sceneries  done by 3rd pty , if interested:

Algiers DAAG

Cape Verde

MARSA-ALAM

Sharm El-Sheikh

Mauritius

Mayotte

Al-Massira

REUNION

DAKAR

Cape Town

Djerba

Enfidha

Tromelin

Nouakchott

and some others, though we cannot tell the developer. So I think it would be nice to fly them with the new Land Class while Orbx do theirs

Cheers

Carlos

Also Libya 

HLLT

HLLM

HLLB

HLLS

HLGD

Archived