Global openLC Africa enters beta!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve enjoyed the other LC’s but this looks better than any of them so far. My impression is that some of the new technologies for increasing the realistic look in other new releases has been used in this. Am I right?

1 hour ago, NeilG said:

My impression is that some of the new technologies for increasing the realistic look in other new releases has been used in this.

They just happened to have picked areas where the generic landclass is mixed with photoreal textures of certain geographic landmarks.

It's like showing pictures of Mount Vesuvius back when Europe came out. 

The  first time  I flew  over Africa  from Jo'burg was in a DC 6  I think  we made 3 pit stop before reaching Zurich . Years latter I did  it in a 707, much more comfortable and quicker. Those dusty landing strips are still vivid in my head . 

4 hours ago, kiki said:

I am waiting for this release. As a teaser I would like to see pics of some of the international and local airports.

Hello,

it's an open LC product and they do not contain airports.

If you want to see what is in the simulator for Africa, you can do so now.

30 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it's an open LC product and they do not contain airports.

If you want to see what is in the simulator for Africa, you can do so now.

Which is currently more important. The default LC is at time boring and totally wrong, looking at Namibia, country of birth and having traveled there extensively.

One LC is completed, I am sure, airports will follow.

4 minutes ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

One LC is completed, I am sure, airports will follow.

I am hoping for "one step after the other" as well. Africa is really lacking payware, but it should be tested if it pays off for the developers as well.

I would be in for some places, if I might say...

HI, I am very glad that you have brought LC Africa on the way after all! I think almost all ORBX users who use the other LC products will buy it.

So I hope it will be worth the investment for you.

For the future I would also like to see LC Asia, maybe it would be an idea to split Asia in 2 or 3 parts to refinance the development costs.

Erik

Seeing how beautiful these images look, it is impossible for me to kill my hopes for OpenLC Asia following. Hopefully the Africa sales figures will convince the Orbx decision makers to take Asia back into the possible future. I hereby promise to purchase Africa (and Asia) on the day of release at full price.

Thumbs pressed.

Archived