Moorea Island issue

elsmoko

My sim > FSX Accel

I recently noticed an issue involving an anomalous (it don't belong there ~:)  large rectangular land mass attached to Moorea Island (near to, and west of Tahiti Island).

I used FSX Scenery Library settings to troubleshoot by deselecting numerous items until the issue disappeared,  and narrowed the issue down to what you can see

in the attached Scenery Library screen capture.  It appears that the problem is present only when the " Orbx!Vector_EXX " scenery item is selected / checked. 

If the " Orbx!Vector_EXX " scenery item is unchecked / deselected,  the rectangular land mass vanishes.

I could not determine how to use the AEC feature to correct the issue,  or if that was even the correct approach to solving the problem.

Any tips for solving this will be appreciated.

Best to all,

Ken 

the Moorea Island issue.jpg

corrects Moorea Island issue.jpg

appearance when corrected.jpg

Thanks so much for the fast reply Nick.  I had install a freeware of the "Society Islands" which included both Tahiti and Moorea (among many others).

The problem with Moorea disappeared when I disabled  "Society Islands".    The issue must be peculiar to Moorea because Tahiti looks perfectly normal.

I disabled (only) the three Moorea related files in the Society Isl;ands  ../Scenery folder and all's good now.  AND, I know where to look first for trouble 

if I see other similar problems in the Society Islands geographical area.

Thank you for your help with this.

BTW,  Moorea Island and the NTTM airport look awesome now !!

Ken Boardman

Best regards,  

Archived