FTX GLOBAL VECTOR configuration tool

gil84

Hello
for a few days now, the FTX global vector configuration tool has stopped working and displays an error message (reconstituted screenshot attached). [Why reconstituted? because I don't know where to find the error log file for this tool. so I took screenshots and assembled them to make a single image.]
For the moment, I am unable to resolve any terrain altitude problems on the new Ads that I am installing.
Thank you in advance for your feedback on this problem
Best regards
G BARTHELEMY

ERREUR VECTOR.jpg

Hi 

Sorry, my old eyes are not able to read anything on your image.

But please first confirm the below items.

1. Ensure your .net framework is updated with versions 2,3 and 4, using the tool found at the link. http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html
2. Ensure your UAC is turned off, and that you are running as administrator.
3. Check and\or disable your antivirus and be sure it is not being blocked.
4. Have a close look in your computers program list for any other antivirus programs that may have been installed without your knowledge.
5. Ensure your windows firewall is allowing the app.

hi  Doug, Hi Nick

following a complete internet outage for 4 days I could not take cognizance of your answer until this afternoon

1. Ensure your .net framework is updated with versions 2,3 and 4, using the tool found at the link. http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html ==> Ok Version 4.8
2. Ensure your UAC is turned off, and that you are running as administrator.==>Ok  UAC Turn OFF
3. Check and\or disable your antivirus and be sure it is not being blocked.==> Antivirus Ok
4. Have a close look in your computers program list for any other antivirus programs that may have been installed without your knowledge. ==> ok nothing
5. Ensure your windows firewall is allowing the app.==> application allowed thru the firewall

Once all of these checks have been performed ftx GLOBAL VECTOR runs but never achieves a result. As if it was looping on a point without 
ever leaving it.
I just launched the application, directly from its location, it is 3:23 p.m. French time. 3:38 p.m. ftx is still running without results.
 I stop it. I relaunch ftx global vector via orbx Central / Global / Vector / Configure. ftx resumes at 3:43 p.m. it is now 5:05 p.m. still no results.
Do you have any idea why ftx can't configure?

Waiting for your answerd

Best regards

G BARTHELEMY

If there is no root folder, such as C:\P3D v4 or C:\FSX, then the Vector auto configuration will indeed never stop.

You are left with either setting the AECs as you go along and saving them in a profile or removing the simulator

and reinstalling it into a root folder. To cure a small problem such as this, a re-installation is probably not justifiable.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

If there is no root folder, such as C:\P3D v4 or C:\FSX, then the Vector auto configuration will indeed never stop.

You are left with either setting the AECs as you go along and saving them in a profile or removing the simulator

and reinstalling it into a root folder. To cure a small problem such as this, a re-installation is probably not justifiable.

And if you run Prepar 3D V4.5 HF2, AEC should not (note HF2 and the conditionnal) be useful.

Gérard

Hi

Thank you for your answer but maybe I misspoke. P3DV4.5 is in C: \ P3Dv4.
Global vector was working properly until last December 31, the date of my last installation of Add-On and therefore of my last use of the tool.
Finally what do you mean by "AEC" in your last message.
Thank you for your reply

Best regards

G BARTHELEMY

650/5000

Hi,
I understood that we could possibly resolve the terrain altitude problem manually. But before loading the Global Vector tool and reloading my last saved profile, I launched ORBX Central - which is set to update to version "4.0.38" and there I launched a verification of the files of Global VECTOR.
  Once this verification done I launched the tool "configure" in the menu of Orbx Central / My products / Global Vector / Configure.
Well, imagine that the tool worked without any problems and the AEC is done.
Strange.
Thanks for all your answers and your help;
Best regards
Gilbert Barthelemy

Archived